A Current Affair

After more than a decade you’d have to be pretty thick not to realise the second ad break in ACA signals its time to go to the toilet and grab a snack in preparation for the evening’s viewing. They couldn’t be more blatant about it unless they borrowed from The Late Show and introduced a segment called “Toilet Break”.

8 Likes

But if you’ve been watching ACA for more than a decade, then you’d have to be pretty thick anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

A Current Affair has been doing the “promote story in tomorrow’s/Monday edition as Coming Up” trick for at least 15 years, probably longer. Back in the days Today Tonight (where I suspect Nine got the idea from) was still airing on Seven, they were doing exactly the same thing.

Is it deceiving? Yes. But if we’re being honest, there have been far worse viewer deceptions by ACA in the past than mere tricks to get viewers watching a promo for a story that will be shown on the next edition of the program.

2 Likes

How else are the poor old pensioners supposed to know which shonky tradesmen are doing the rounds and which utilities company is ripping off customers this week?

6 Likes

They don’t have enough to whinge about already? :wink:

Tracey Grimshaw is back Monday 18th Jan according to a new ad airing on Nine. The ad also claims she is “the best interviewer”.

Jan 18 looks like Nine’s start to the New Year with Karl & Ally also coming back, along with new Millionaire Hot Seat episodes.

6 Likes

I don’t find her interviews that good actually. She cuts people off, speaks over people, throws those drama filled pearlers at people.

7 Likes

Is it just my TV or is the exposure and colouring of the presenter segments not right? It’s looking very yellow and bright to me?

Yeah it does look quite yellow to me.

It also looks like Leila is looking at the roof? I feel the cameras are too low.

Does anyone have a link to/recording of this promo? Have been looking around for it. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Way longer than that! I remember them pulling this trick back in the Ray Martin era in the early 2000s when I’d be watching as a 7 year old!

2 Likes

12 Likes

They misspelt worst

8 Likes

I don’t mind the graphics used in that promo.

7 Likes

Tracy back with an interview to start the year.

5 Likes

Lighting is better, but Tracy looks like she’s looking at the roof still. They need to raise the camera.

2 Likes

If they raise the camera, she’ll definitely be looking at the roof. I think you mean lower it?

3 Likes

Sorry! Yes lower haha

1 Like

Higher up is a flattering angle

2 Likes