9Go!

I’ll light a candle.

1 Like

This could mean that Friends is moving to another network.

It would either move to Seven, where it aired Season 1 back in 1996 before moving to Nine for the rest of the series, or to 10, who had the repeat rights in the late 2000s.

It would fit in well on either 7flix or 10 Peach.

5 Likes

Does this mean the same for Stan too ? Doesn’t say it is expiring .

Broadcast and streaming are different.

2 Likes

Remember when they dropped The Simpsons’ nightly 6pm re-runs for this around 2008?

1 Like

I certainly do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I seem to recall it finishing on 10 around early-mid 2009, when they returned Simpsons (might’ve been earlier) around the time The 7pm Project started (I think Futurama and some reality shows had occupied the 7pm timeslot, including initial weeks of MasterChef).

1 Like

IIRC Simpsons was back at 6pm around August 2008 while Friends returned to 7pm.

2 Likes

Ah, that must’ve been what I was thinking.

Pretty bold move for 10 at the time putting Friends on at 7pm, a timeslot that was one of the biggest (usually reality shows started then) for Nine and 10, in a big viewing era too (Seven of course had TT at 6:30 and HandA at 7).

9GO! will have a Stallone Week of movies from Sunday September 22, to coincide with the release of his latest film Rambo: Last Blood in cinemas from September 19.

1 Like

Stallone Week Promo:

2 Likes

60 Movies, 60 Days Promo:

5 Likes

Ooohh :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: (IIRC 9Go! done something similar before?)

Takes them right up to the end of the ratings season

Is there a video of it?

A positive for Nine with their decades long Roadshow output, is Roadshow have rights (often exclusive) with ‘mini-major’ Hollywood studios, as well as various independent production companies.

Some of the biggest hit films/franchises have been indies in recent times.

Season 2 premieres on Monday, October 7 at 8am.

2 Likes

Just curious, are movie output deals negotiated separately between Nine and 9Go and even Stan?

Btw, I just saw that Dr Strange is showing tonight on 9Go. This was missing as part of Marvel catalogue on Stan.

Stan is a separate entity to Nine so I would expect that to be a yes.

It is not in-house.

Once again, we’re confusing SVOD with free-to-air (terrestrial broadvast), very different licencing.

2 Likes