9Go!

I see

See. Android spellchecker lets me down again. :joy:

1 Like

2019 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS

LIVE FROM THE USA: THURSDAY, MAY 2, AT 10.00AM AEST
ON 9NOW, REPLAY ON 9GO! AT MIDDAY

MADONNA AND MALUMA, MARIAH CAREY, HALSEY, CIARA, KELLY CLARKSON, LAUREN DAIGLE, KHALID, PANIC! AT THE DISCO, SAM SMITH AND NORMANI AND MORE

Fast-tracked from America, the 2019 Billboard Music Awards will be streamed live on 9Now from 10.00am AEST on Thursday, May 2, followed by an encore performance at midday on 9Go!

Featuring the hottest music acts, the Billboard Music Awards, which celebrate the highest selling performers in the world, will be presented from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas by five-time BBMA nominee Kelly Clarkson .

Madonna and Maluma will take to the stage for the worldwide television premiere performance of Medellin , the first track from Madonna’s highly anticipated 14th studio album Madame X , which will be released on June 14.

Mariah Carey will receive the coveted ICON Award and perform a medley of her greatest hits. Previous recipients of the award include Janet Jackson, Cher, Neil Diamond, Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Prince and Stevie Wonder.

Panic! at the Disco will perform at the awards for the first time and chart-topping singer/songwriter Halsey will perform her No.1 hit Without Me . Khalid , Ciara , Kelly Clarkson , Dan + Shay , Lauren Daigle , Sam Smith and Normani will also take to the stage for buzzworthy moments throughout the ceremony.

Cardi B leads the nominations with 21 nods in 18 categories including Top Artist, Top Female Artist, Top Rap Artist and Top Rap Album.

Drake and Post Malone follow with 17 nominations each, Travis Scott is up for 12, XXXtentacion has 10, and Arianna Grande rounds off the top five with nine nominations.

First time Billboard Music Awards are on FTA?

Late night replays months after they aired in the 1990s then mainly in pay tv after that.

New 8-part drama for 9GO!, Metro Sexual, has received production funding from Screen Australia.

An eight-part series for 9Go! and 9Now about doctors Stephanie and Langdon who work at Metropolitan Sexual Health clinic. They have a tough enough job as it is dealing with odorous STIs and arduous colleagues, but when government cuts threaten to close them down they must do whatever it takes to save the clinic. The series will be produced by Darren McFarlane (Bruce) and Riley Nottingham (Your Call Is Important To Us), who also stars alongside comedian Geraldine Hickey. The creative team also features writer/director Henry Boffin and writer Nicholas Kraak from Humdrum Comedy, and executive producer Julia Adams (The Bureau of Magical Things). Metro Sexual is produced in association with Film Victoria, Screen Queensland, the Department of Health and Human Services and Yarraville Club.

Sounds like a comedy rather than a drama even though it would be classified under a drama quota.

1 Like

Anyone noticed 9Go airing ‘blokey’ shows recently, like a automotive show I’ve noticed. Seems a cop out of another multi-multi-channel’s strategy.

Didn’t they have another show like this a few years ago, set in a sexual healyh clinic?

I think it was a web series with short episodes that was reconfigured and shown as a tv series.

Men in Black - Movie tie-in Ident:

2 Likes

Nine used to air the movies I’m sure

How could 9GO! have a Men in Black tie-in since 10 already has its own?

They’re not exclusive are they? They’re just a different, shorter and more stylised form of a usual advertisement from a theatrical distributor, for an upcoming or recently released movie.

Part of the advertising package.

2 Likes

Happy 10th birthday

5 Likes

I’ve been comparing Go!Kids/9Go! with ABC Kids/Comedy. Both were channels that started off as full-on, but then became channels with kids programming during the day.

ABC2 became ABC Comedy just because the comedy programs (and of course, the daily Spicks and Specks repeats) were out-rating the other content there. If 9Go!'s highest-rating non-kids content are the movies, maybe it’s time for an dual rebrand?

The Lion Guard is now airing on 9go! (previously on Seven under the Disney output deal ) so even the kid’s programming block now has Disney content and barely any WB content left.

How long can Kids’ WB last considering there’s barely any WB content left? Surely they can’t air Disney content under the Kids’ WB brand?

2 Likes

This is the last week of Friends on 9GO.

1 Like