Nine On-Air Presentation

For want of a better place… looks like Nine has gone off air. Just went to black at the end of the today show and you could hear David and Allison talking saying we aren’t on air it’s just black. And now there’s no wide world of sports… just a filler program. Something wrong at the Willoughby studios it seems.

3 Likes

On Nine News Now - Katie (Wellings?) The word biopic is not pronounced bi - opic it’s bio pic, short for biographical picture!

1 Like

5 Likes

Seen this promo and Veteran voiceover Steve Britten voiced ‘THE BIGGEST TELEVISION IS STILL YET TO COME!’
Steve Britten has voiced Biggest TV lineup for years. It will be a close finish between 7 and 9. Nine will win number of weeks.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that Steve Britten has been used as a voiceover for Nine Network promos since at least the Early 1990s?

That said I think he’s been heard a bit less often on the network recently, with Paul Pittioni voicing an increasing amount of promos (including things like NRL promos, which I seem to remember Steve always doing the VOs for) this year.

Men In Black: Movie Tie-in Ident

9Go! version

4 Likes

“Firewall” movie promotion in PRG

3 Likes

4 Likes

A 3D sponsor billboard for Ninja Warrior!

3 Likes

9GemHD Ident

12 Likes

Could be a tweaked version of an Ident which was originally produced for the launch of Nine HD in 2015?

Although interestingly enough, I don’t seem to remember this airing on TV at the time…

7 Likes

Mostly that promo but with the addition of the glass bevel diamond effect that was featured in the idents shown on TV.

2 Likes

@TV.Cynic What’s 9gem YTD share? Must’ve gone from just about the worst performing m/c to the best. With CWC and the bonus of crystal clear high def

1 Like

“Movie Classic” on PRG

6 Likes

Doesn’t sound like it’s been mentioned before but lots of Nines new promos have been using 9 | 9Now with a voice over, similar to what SBS does.

2 Likes

The ABC has also been doing something similar for a while now if I’m not mistaken, promoting iView alongside the main channel airings of programs during promos.

Wonder how long it’ll take Seven and/or Ten to follow suit?

It seems Nine has become obsessed with the word “obsession” in their promos.

First we had “your new daytime game show obsession” and now they’re using the phrase “your new drama obsession” to promote Grand Hotel.

5 Likes

Twice is an obsession?

Seven use it every few ad breaks “your 5 o’clock obsession”… The Chase, weekdays at 5"

1 Like

6 Likes