7TWO - Programs and Schedules

So which humour do you like?

Classified. :slight_smile:

I’m under 30 and I love Mrs Browns Boys.

1 Like

Is that like no sense of humour? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Makes you wonder if they plan on changing the target audience of 7two?

Seems as if a lot of shows are moving off there.

1 Like

The show itself seems to pad out a lot but there are some moments which are hilarious.

Round and round we go again. They don’t even have half an idea how to program their channels.

2 Likes

Dare I ask the question…is it possible that 7TWO (like 7Flix) may even receive a total rebrand?

Pretty much the last “channel number branded” multichannel with most others having been changed in recent years.

I thought 7TWO was supposed to be a Seven Network equivalent to 9Gem but with a lower tier of sports coverage.

1 Like

Want it originally aimed for lifestyle British shows and British dramas?

2 Likes

When 7TWO first launched, it was supposed to be a kind of extension of the main Seven channel with a lot of first run programming from the US…don’t think that format lasted terribly long after the launch of 7mate.

1 Like

Yep. Problem is, as @TV.Cynic has said, both rate shockingly in the key demos, heavily Over 55s (and I’m talking general night to night programs not one-off sport events et al).

= no good advertisers (if any for the channel or its spots, maybe just extra runs from the main channel in a package, who knows).

Now more than ever the younger audiences are what Seven, Nine and 10 are craving.

1 Like

Considering how well 7mate (and to a lesser extent, 7Two) has performed as a multichannel, the ratings would seem to disagree with your analysis…

1 Like

It’s as if people over 55 never buy anything …

1 Like

Miss Scarlet and the Duke premieres on 7TWO on Thursday week (June 4) at 8.30pm with double episodes. It debuted on UK pay TV channel Alibi on March 31 this year.
Stuart Martin, who plays the Duke, said in an interview that they were due to film series 2 in Dublin from September this year, but it could be delayed due to coronavirus. Series 1 was filmed in Dublin in northern summer of 2019.

Still going, though change of focus away from home schooling

2 Likes

I get the feeling that 7TWO and 7Flix are both in for a name / brand change and slight format re-focus for both

7Two could do well re-focused as a British channel (7Brit) with more contemporary and premium content from Sky, 4 and ITV

7Flix seems to be going more like Peach

3 Likes

Too restrictive and why would they want to prevent Aussie content from airing on their main multichannel?

7 Likes

I think it needs a genre. Not that much more restrictive than Mate, Life, Comedy or Rush.

Australian content can go on Flix or Mate

1 Like

9Life does airs some Australian content, but it’s mostly in-house programs like The Block and Postcards. 7TWO is doing the same, but it takes up a lot of the daytime schedule as they made a lot in the early to mid 2000s.

1 Like

I don’t really see what was wrong with their multis the way they were?

They (at least had) the No. 1 in total people and still do in key demos in 7mate, 7Two rates well and 7flix does petty well in key demos.

And were easily the most well defined and targeted multi-channels, as echoed by some others here including mods.

I think 10’s multis have the past year been more competitive, as well as new ones like SBS World Movies and 9Rush even.

1 Like

I think Seven is trying to bring the while average age of the network down. They are the oldest skewing network.

That means possibly re-focusing the multis too.

7TWO skews very old.

Also 7TWO as a brand / name does not really define what the Channel is. Right now it’s British drama mostly and some lifestyle. It needs to be more tightly focused IMO

Flix also as a name is weird as it started off movies and now has the Simpson’s and Greys anatomy

Just feels these two need a name change rebrand and re-focus to me. They feel to loose.

7TWO also skews too old and Seven needs all the help it can going younger

2 Likes