7TWO - Programs and Schedules

Netflix is a brand name in 200 countries and a cultural phenomenon. Changing the name would Be commercial suicide

7Flix is not simply not that. Changing the name and re-focusing they brand would probably boost and help them.

5 Likes

Is this because it rated bad and ‘make goods’ encore ratings? Or the opposite, because it rated well and want more exposure / promotion for the latest first runs that night on 7Two (especially when its demographic is probably watching)?

2 Likes

Netflix also doesn’t just show movies.

1 Like

Yes I think we know that.

The two brands are worlds apart

Yes, so why are we comparing them again?

Scroll
Up dude

I read your other comments but 7flix, like Netflix, is a name. It does not have to match the channel’s content 100 percent does it?

Anyway besides, your wish is granted, Seven have said the brand is apparently changing.

The channel seems to consistently rate close to 2% (sometimes much higher and sometimes lower) but that’s total people which I doubt they care about at all, more importantly it does well in the key demos and complements the market leading 7mate in that regard with the main channel.

I never see 9Life make the key demos and don’t see 10 Bold nor 9Go pop up as much these days. 10 Peach (7flix’s most like-for-like target) doing better demographic wise since its name change… Name change then… Maybe you are onto something :joy:

1 Like

Yes that was my point.

1 Like

Main reason for that brand is probably because the channel is on LCN-72, but since all the other “channel number” brands (One, Eleven, ABC2, ABC3, ABC News 24, SBS2) have been phased out in favour of brands that are more friendly to any possible transition to online-only at some point in the future, perhaps Seven would be wise to rename 7TWO before overly long.

fuck me. that back and forth was a waste of this board’s bandwidth.

3 Likes

Sorry!

7 mentioned a rebrand for 7Flix, but that doesn’t mean a new name is coming - it could just mean a repositioning of the channels key demographic.

Additionally, changing the name of 7Two is just unnecessary IMO. It’s well known, still has the networks name and logo as part of it and it appeals to a certain audience. If they want to tighten that up a little with presentation and content updates, then I imagine that could only be a good thing.

4 Likes

Yep, totally agree.

1 Like

2-part reality series This is Calisthenics debuted on 7TWO this afternoon. It tells the story of 15 performers as they prepare to audition in front of a live panel of experts, for a place in the final five and the glory of taking the title of champion.
Part 1 is now available on 7plus, part 2 is next Sunday (June 28) at 1pm.
http://calisthenics.asn.au/get-involved/this-is-calisthenics/

2 Likes

4-part Channel 4 observation series Cliveden - A Very British Country Hotel will have its FTA premiere on 7TWO this Friday (June 26) at 8.30pm.

Set in the middle of a 376-acre National Trust estate, Grade I listed Cliveden House is one of the world’s most exclusive country house hotels. Take a behind-the-scenes look at Cliveden House during its busiest summer season.

It previously aired on LifeStyle on Foxtel.

1 Like

It looks like Seven have decided to make 7Two Qld (regional) a statewide channel like they’ve done with 7flix. The watermark has now dropped ‘Central Queensland’ and there’s a lot of ads from Townsville, Mackay and Wide Bay sub markets now. The change has only happened this week as last week it was still “7Two CQ”.

Makes sense if there’s less advertising but also another way to save on costs which is why the change has been made I’m assuming…

5 Likes

I’m in Bundy atm and “Wide Bay” is gone too.

2 Likes

There now seems to be also a statewide 7Mate program as well.

1 Like

Ah I was wondering whether they’d done the same with 7Mate, thanks @TV.Cynic :+1:t2:

1 Like

I forgot regional Queensland had different feeds for 7Two and 7mate!

I recall 7flix having a generic “》Queensland” attached to its watermark.