7flix - Programs and Schedules

Or maybe it’s changed policy now Disney+ has bedded in. I’m not saying that version is right, but I’m not sure you can dismiss that as “bullshit” given the evidence that accompanied it.

Hell, given 7 has no longer got rights to new episodes perhaps it has negotiated more archival episodes.

1 Like
1 Like

So new episodes of Family Guy and American Dad are moved to 7flix, while new Simpsons are wiped off FTA altogether.

They need to rename this channel . 7Flix sounds too much like Netflix/Quickflix or a movie channel . Calling it 7Three is too much of a mouthful . Perhaps something like 7Xtra though that sounds not so great either.

I thought Disney would have wanted fast-tracked new Family Guy and American Dad on their service too.The Contract still with 7 I guess.

From memory it was originally set out to be a movie a movie channel when it first launched, hence the name.

I remember reading and here is some of it (rest is behind paywall) from The Australian at the time:

To stunt the momentum of Netflix.

Seven to launch FTA film channel

The Seven Network is poised to launch a new free-to-air movie channel called 7flix, in a move designed to stunt the momentum of global streaming giant Netflix. Set to begin broadcasting on February 28, 7flix will also air episodic TV series for binge-watching. It will be the network’s fifth channel, in addition to Seven, 7TWO, 7mate and racing.com.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I don’t think it ever stunted the growth of Netflix.:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s a bit like saying Black & Gold brand Cola sold through IGA supermarkets nationwide was intended to stunt the sales revenue of Coca-Cola

2 Likes

There was a hint in one of the media articles that Seven could be negotiating to air the new seasons of The Simpsons in a second window release after a Disney+ exclusivity period has expired.

2 Likes
1 Like

Simpsons will be weeknights on 7Flix in 2022.

1 Like

1 Like

is there where The Cleveland Show went, I was wondering why it didn’t come back on Shake.

1 Like

It’s a shame Bob’s Burgers is not part of the line up. It would have more appeal here than The Cleveland Show.

2 Likes

The Goldbergs new episodes resume next Monday at 11:20pm on 7flix. :slightly_smiling_face:

Geez, they’ve bumped it to flix. A bit odd since it must have been working for them late night (around 11.30/midnight) on Seven.

Just like most, if not all of the comedies on Seven and the animations on 7mate. I don’t get why they were all bumped to flix?

Thank You for the Message, looks like my Request for The Goldbergs to move to 7flix finally Paid off.

1 Like

You’re welcome. :+1: