7flix - Programs and Schedules

So new episodes of Family Guy and American Dad are moved to 7flix, while new Simpsons are wiped off FTA altogether.

They need to rename this channel . 7Flix sounds too much like Netflix/Quickflix or a movie channel . Calling it 7Three is too much of a mouthful . Perhaps something like 7Xtra though that sounds not so great either.

I thought Disney would have wanted fast-tracked new Family Guy and American Dad on their service too.The Contract still with 7 I guess.

From memory it was originally set out to be a movie a movie channel when it first launched, hence the name.

I remember reading and here is some of it (rest is behind paywall) from The Australian at the time:

To stunt the momentum of Netflix.

Seven to launch FTA film channel

The Seven Network is poised to launch a new free-to-air movie channel called 7flix, in a move designed to stunt the momentum of global streaming giant Netflix. Set to begin broadcasting on February 28, 7flix will also air episodic TV series for binge-watching. It will be the network’s fifth channel, in addition to Seven, 7TWO, 7mate and racing.com.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I don’t think it ever stunted the growth of Netflix.:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s a bit like saying Black & Gold brand Cola sold through IGA supermarkets nationwide was intended to stunt the sales revenue of Coca-Cola

2 Likes

There was a hint in one of the media articles that Seven could be negotiating to air the new seasons of The Simpsons in a second window release after a Disney+ exclusivity period has expired.

2 Likes
1 Like

Simpsons will be weeknights on 7Flix in 2022.

1 Like

1 Like

is there where The Cleveland Show went, I was wondering why it didn’t come back on Shake.

1 Like

It’s a shame Bob’s Burgers is not part of the line up. It would have more appeal here than The Cleveland Show.

2 Likes

The Goldbergs new episodes resume next Monday at 11:20pm on 7flix. :slightly_smiling_face:

Geez, they’ve bumped it to flix. A bit odd since it must have been working for them late night (around 11.30/midnight) on Seven.

Just like most, if not all of the comedies on Seven and the animations on 7mate. I don’t get why they were all bumped to flix?

Thank You for the Message, looks like my Request for The Goldbergs to move to 7flix finally Paid off.

1 Like

You’re welcome. :+1:

Tonight on 7flix, there is 9 hours of Gordon Ramsay airing: from 8.30pm until 5.30am (Ramsay’s Hotel Hell at 8.30pm, Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares at 9.30pm, Hell’s Kitchen USA marathon from 11.30pm). Which shows that Ramsay is popular. So Seven should sign him up so they can repeat the show ad nauseum in the future on 7flx

3 Likes

Good news for Family Guy viewers, as there will now be a Family Guy marathon on Sunday nights starting at 7:30, in addition to new episodes being shown on Mate. This means there will now be 11 episodes shown a week, up from 4. Also another episode late night on Mondays as well, at 10:45pm on Flix.

2 Likes