7flix - Programs and Schedules

Updated description for The Real O’Neals

Based in Chicago, the O’Neals appear to be a seemingly picture perfect family, but their lives soon take an unexpected turn when surprising truths are revealed. Eileen is a mom who usually has a fine grasp on all matters under her roof, and her soon-to-be-ex-husband Pat is a good-natured father and the emotional center of the family. Their normal routine at home suddenly gets turned upside down when Eileen and Pat announce their divorce, and their sixteen-year-old-son Kenny reveals to his family that he is gay. Kenny never would have imagined his admission would also result in outing his entire family’s secrets, including revelations from his older brother, Jimmy, and little sister, Shannon. Jimmy unapologetically wears his heart on his sleeve and genuinely tries to figure out what’s best in any situation, while Shannon is the youngest but carries herself more mature than her age. Life in the O’Neals household wouldn’t be complete without Aunt Jodi, Pat’s ex-sister-in-law and Eileen’s best friend, who is quite the frequent visitor and is also willing to admit things are far from perfect in her own life. What seems like a sudden upheaval that could mark the end of the O’Neals idyllic lives turns out to be the beginning of a bright new chapter when everyone stops pretending to be perfect and actually starts being real.

Real O’Neils will be triple episodes.

Tonight is the first time I’ve seen a split schedule for 7flix.

•Syd, Bris & Per:
“George of the jungle” (1997) > “Tangled” (2010) > “The Sapphires” (2012)

•Melb & Adel:
“Step Up” (2006) > “George of the jungle” (1997) > “The Sapphires” (2012)

@TV.Cynic you’re probably the best person to ask. Any thoughts as to why 7flix seems to be the worst channel at keeping to schedule? More often then not on multiple days of a week, programs will disappear at the last minute, in place of others?

I’ll give you an example - tonight:

The Nanny, Castle & Bones re-runs initially scheduled.

Latest guides now say “Spider Man 2” (2004) & “Vacation” (2015).

Perhaps reacting to 9Go’s success with movies?

3 Likes

It’s a relatively new channel that still has a limited reach, so they’re probably still experimenting with what works.

4 Likes

Yeah i agree with that that probably explains why Seven haven’t programmed a strong daytime schedule on
7flix

1 Like

And as they should, given the channel’s name!

I don’t think “flix” refers to just movies these days anyway. The term has changed with the times. Netflix probably has more episodes of TV shows than movie titles.

3 Likes

More Recent Titles in Early Evening I Reckon.

And Flix’s Daytime Schedule needs Burnoffs of Shows that Failed in Primetime including Black…Ish.

6:00 or 7:00 Monday to Thursday on Flix needs something Fresh and New to Fill rather than Endless Married with Children or The Nanny Repeats.

Yeah exactly and it will also give 7flix more viewers becouse those shows that seven may have killed off on their main channel the fans of said shows would watch the rest of those shows on 7filx so yeah that is a good idea

Maybe. But I think a lot of public perception still sees the term as ‘movies’ and judging my many comments from viewers the past two years, many question where indeed the “movies” are a lot of the time on 7flix.

It chops and changes. Excluding the 4 back-to-back movies on Fridays and Saturdays, some weeks there’ll be movies on Sunday to Tuesday et. al. But some weeks not.

And we’re still waiting on a confirmation from Seven on those Big Bang re-runs, the channels best performer by a long shot?

1 Like

Do you have contacts at 7HQ at Pyrmont?

1 Like

No, why would I? Sorry, I was using we as representing others here who may also be wondering what’s going on.

I’d say it’ll return soon into the ratings survey, Angus Ross did tell TV Tonight they were resting it for a while, in place of more movies (I recall).

Oh I’m sure there would be. Not everyone has embraced the online streaming revolution. My grandmother still calls the TV the “picture wireless”

7flix also promoted themselves as a movie destination, so you have a point.

4 Likes

More likely that Seven has not renewed the rights to Big Bang. It seems too much of a coincidence that the show disappeared from Seven’s schedule exactly 2 years after it was first on the network.

2 Likes

Yes, I remember you bringing this up before and I agree, it seems the most logical explanation.

But I wonder why, when it was doing such good business for them? Meanwhile 9Go! reaping rewards in recent weeks, both movies and Big Bang re-runs.

Cost must outweigh long term performance (for a multi-channel) maybe?

That’s adorable.

My grandparents exclusively watch Seven.

3 Likes