2SM 1269 Sydney

Lawsy has his home studio doesn’t he?

Probably. It’s well known that Jones has a studio at Fitzroy Falls.

2SM Pyrmont acoustics are akin to one.

1 Like

Headline: 2SM counts on Jones to bring them back to relevance.

Read: a flimsy excuse to upload this:
alanjonescunt

:laughing:

6 Likes

I’ve heard Laws say many times on air that he doesn’t have a problem with Alan.

The only issue I could see is whether or not Laws would share his purpose built studio with Jones at 2SM.

As for 2HD Breakfast, remember it’s Caralis we’re talking about. Do you really think he’d let a pretty good survey result get in the way of locking in a network deal?

1 Like

Yeah, probably not.

Considering that Newcastle is the largest regional market in NSW, I think the network management & Alan Jones himself would really want to be heard on-air there. Don’t think it’d be a good thing for 2HD though, especially at a time they should be heavily emphasising their localness to Novocastrians while the market’s SCA stations take on an increasingly networked identity.

1 Like

They’re running a local hour on 2HD between 3 - 4pm, an extension of the afternoon program for the Newcastle market only. I heard it in January, it’s ok, but not compelling, far from appointment listening.

They need to do a lot more.

1 Like

Maybe on Monday some of John Laws callers will ask how he feels Alan coming to 2sm to stir him up a bit. Be interesting his reaction.

1 Like

I dare some of our visitors here to do that. I’d have a go but I’m at work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Me too. Maybe Norman or Susan can ask on our behalf?

Macquarie radio’s nightmare scenario: Alan Jones leaves to do breakfast at 2SM. Ray Hadley is fired and immediately joins 2SM to do the drive program, assuming Hadley doesn’t go to prison. Could it happen? :thinking: :smiley:

1 Like

Yes. :crossed_fingers:

Didnt Ray strongly dislike Bill?

Hadley had a strong dislike for John Singleton until lots of money was offered.

7 Likes

Annette Sharp in The Sunday Telegraph writes that sources have told her that Bill Caralis telephoned Alan Jones two weeks ago. John Laws told Sharp that he would be happy to work with Jones.

Jones joining 2SM is looking more likely, it seems.

3 Likes

2SM is pretty much in the market for a permanent breakfast announcer given the unfortunate amount of leave Grant Goldman has taken.

Does anyone have an update on Grant’s progress? It would be good if he returned possibly in another capacity if Jones took breakfast.

2 Likes

Tomorrow’s front page:

The Australian claims that reps for Alan Jones spoke to Bill Caralis last week. It is also claiming that if a deal eventuates and Jones joins 2SM it could be a joint deal with News and ARN, with Jones doing more for Sky News and doing podcasts on iHeartRadio.

5 Likes

Are there any other optimists like me who hope this happens? And that 2SM sees a resurgence as market leader (or at least close to) knocking off 2GB?

2 Likes

Remember the only reason The Oz is stirring this is because MRN is ex Fairfax owned, they love to take a swipe at now 9.

3 Likes

I am in your camp. Interesting ARN are involved, how does that work?