Yummy Mummies

When has it screened on Nine?

It hasn’t. I’m being sarcastic. @Sifon said nothing could ever be exclusive to 7plus if Seven had four channels to fill. Nine has four to fill as well but has exclusive content on Stan.

But they did screen Wolf Creek on Nine eventually. They may do the same with Romper Stomper.

They still need content on all the channels of Seven that are not repeats of LOL shows.

All networks have holes and rely on repeats more than is ideal. That doesn’t mean they should be filled with content created specifically for other platforms. Exclusive content on streaming platforms should incentivise people to subscribe or sign up/submit data – if they can watch it for free eventually why use the streaming platform or pay for it?

To watch it sooner, obviously. That’s a huge incentive.

1 Like

That’s one incentive and might work with big shows like House of Cards or Orange is the New Black, but would it with this? My point is 7plus content created exclusively for that channel should stay there. Same with Stan and others. Broadcasts should only occur on the main channel as a last resort or in non-ratings periods.

Yummy Mummies failed on Seven’s primary channel last year. Making the same mistake twice should be avoided IMO

Stan is a bit different to 7plus.

Yummy Mummies wouldn’t actually be that bad if the mummies were actually yummy.

I repeat — the show was a ratings failure on the primary channel. Audiences didn’t connect with it.

So why the concern of protecting its exclusivity on a streaming service? Surely they’d want as many people as possible to see it wherever they can screen it.

I’m assuming Seven made a strategic decision to air it on 7Plus and not the primary channel? Wouldn’t airing it on the primary channel defeat whatever the purpose was of airing it exclusively on 7Plus?

Not necessarily.

7Plus can only upload certain content, for a certain amount of time, depending on their licencing agreement with a distributor. 7Plus said this the other week. It’d be the same for 9Now and Ten Play too.

or if they weren’t brain dead mummies.

teenagers and neckbeards living in their mum’s basement can only get off to so much plastic. if these guys can’t stand the show no one can (and they’re the weird ‘waifu’ kind of people :face_vomiting:)

I really wonder if they think they could justify the show’s existence with the VPMs from 7Plus, it better not return for a third season.

Isn’t the reason they commissioned a 2nd season as a 7Plus exclusive because of the streaming numbers it got off the platform?

1 Like

Just saw a promo on 7plus which said season 2 coming soon to 7 and 7plus.

Promo here

:face_vomiting:

Returns with double episode Monday 12 November at 10pm

Lol exclusive to 7Plus :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Haha i’m sure it’s going to do well in that timeslot.