Yummy Mummies

According to TV Tonight, all episodes of season 2 will be available on 7plus from this Wednesday, November 7.

a 7plus exclusive… for 5 days hahaha

3 Likes

Seems like a more 7flix demographic suited show anyway?

No no no do not put this on FTA. Keep it online. Its the worst trash ever to be screened on TV… yep had a think… It is.

3 Likes

Surely not worse than The Shire?

I have watched an episode of both and I would say Yummy Mummies is worse. But The Shire was awful as well.

The show is available on Netflix from today.

All of Australia is proud of this achievement.

Yes and now places like the UK and US can see it. Can’t believe this junk was sold to Netflix I guess it makes some money for 7.

I wonder how Seven managed to persuade Netflix to buy these episodes of trash.

The world would be proud of this achievement.

1 Like

I think it’s due to the success of Zumbo’s Just Desserts season 1 on Netflix.

It was probably just a stroke of luck that it rated on Netflix.

I’m still thinking Seven management did some tough persuading to have Netflix broadcast their trash and spread that disease around the world. Why can’t they invest in their own proper streaming service like Stan and 10 All Access?

So much for being a Plus7 exclusive.

7Plus :wink:

But I get your point.

Oops.

I can’t get used to saying 7Plus, it doesn’t sound right for some reason :smirk:

2 Likes

I believe it was Netflix who approached Seven because they saw how successful it had been on 7 Plus. I think it was Seven’s most watched show that year.

Also, Netflix wants to get into more reality television and was looking for new formats which could be popular worldwide. And they could end up remaking in other countries too. Hence, pivking up Just Desserts and Yummy Mummies.

1 Like

Obviously from a viewer’s perspective it’s bad but from an economic perspective, would Seven be getting a lot of money from these kind of deals? They probably need it anyway since they’re bleeding cash.

Would someone please think about them TV watchers around the world :tired_face:

Of course. Shedloads of money. Especially if they can licence it in foreign markets.

Why do you keep saying that? Who says they’re bleeding? They’re spending money to make money. That’s how business works.

How quickly they forget. Seven had Presto. Foxtel bought it and then “merged it” with Foxtel Go or should I say put it out of business.

1 Like

But wasn’t Presto considered to be inferior from the get go? From what I recall the quality of the service was quite inferior to Stan and Netflix and the library was bare.

When did they last make a profit? If they’re laying off people and merging resources with their biggest rival (aka cost-cutting) then it’s evident they’re losing shedloads of money.

You might disagree and that’s fine (since we all have different opinions) but as I said before, Seven’s been going through so much cost-cutting and redundancies that it would seem they’re desperate for cash (Which is probably why they agreed to work with Netflix so that their shows can be marketed overseas and get some money).

They made a profit last year and made huge profits for years before that. There was one year they posted a loss but that involved a lot of asset write-offs which was some clever accounting to avoid taxes. The other commercial networks did the same.

All the networks are finding it harder with increased competition from streaming services. Gone are the days where they spend money like there’s no tomorrow. They’re all making cutbacks and working more efficiently.

I think you need to do some more research before trying to rewrite the facts.

1 Like