Your Money

Perhaps Nine might decide to continue the channel but produce it inside, Nine News Business?
Or even branch out into a full news channel, Nine News 24?

2 Likes

I hope they bring back Extra. Really miss that channel :frowning:

3 Likes

Maybe Foxtel could broadcast Fox Business 24/7 after Your Money closes.

It was promised that Extra was going to have NRL club programs, which would have given the channel some watchable content.

2 Likes

It’d be awesome if Nine had their own news/business channel utilising the resources of the Nine Network and the ex-Fairfax properties that haven’t been spun off and sold (it’s something I’d probably watch all the time - provided it was closer in philosophy to the ABC News channel than Sky News Australia, of course) but somehow I can’t see that happening.

Whatever they do I hope it’s not the return of Extra…or yet another cooking channel (don’t we have enough of those on FTA as it is? That’s without counting all the cooking shows on the normal channels)!

3 Likes

I’d watch it all the time too.

Realistically, I think 95 will just be dead air now.

1 Like

I still think a fitness/health channel is something that could work and it’s original. They could get away with placing infomercials between programs too, considering a lot of them are for home fitness.

4 Likes

Call & Win 24/7?

6 Likes

That could work well.

Just change the name to Your Honey. :wink:

5 Likes

So what is going to happen to all the on-air talent? Will they be re-deployed across Sky and 9?

Where possible the joint venture partners will seek to redeploy staff within their respective businesses.

Source: TV Tonight, Your Money channel to cease broadcasting | TV Tonight

2 Likes

Well I still think 9GEM should be 9honey and be better focused on a female audience

2 Likes

Lol, what about Flextra?

1 Like

I reckon Nine will drag out the infomercials from storage, and crank them up one second after the lights go out at Your Money. They’ve clearly had their fingers burned here and I reckon won’t be in any hurry to replace it with anything major.

Your Money will have only lasted only 7.5 months by the time it closes next Friday week. That makes it the shortest lived channel in Australian TV history. It is very costly for News Corp because it means it loses altogether a business channel with an ANZ focus.
I think Nine should use the space for Channel 95 to either create a second HD channel (say 9Gem HD) or improve the bitrate of both 9GO! and 9Gem. As for Sky News, I think it should reshuffle its schedule to include business coverage, to keep the likes of Brooke Corte and Ticky Fullerton employed. In a way, that will also improve the quality of Sky News channel especially in the 4pm - midnight AEST timeslot.

2 Likes

Your Money is currently using 1.8 MBps (video) of Nine’s allocation. By contrast 9HD is using approx 4.0 MBps. So simply switching Your Money to a second HD channel isn’t an option. There would have to be reduction in the bit rates of other channels to make space.

4 Likes

If Nine were to launch a 2nd HD channel, surely they’d slash the bitrates of any SD channels available in HD?

At the moment, SBS seem to be managing two reasonable quality MPEG4 HD channels, four MPEG2 SD channels (after the launch of SBS World Movies, I’d presume this will be three MPEG4 HD channels and three MPEG2 SD channels) and seven radio channels.

1 Like

New multi-channel perhaps? As in a proper one, measured for ratings, ala 7food Network recently

I wonder if we will see sky business back on Foxtel, I mean that was what i used to watch before they fucked it up with this your money shit…

Yesshop via SCA lasted shorter…

4 Likes