Your Money

Not sure when it changed but Business Breakfast is now only Monday mornings from 6am to 9am with Tuesday - Saturday mornings now having Fox Business programs, Making Money with Charles Payne, Countdown to the Closing Bell and After the Bell instead and Trading Day Countdown starting from 8:30 Tuesday - Friday.

2 Likes

Makes sense really… the big business story first thing in fhe morning is what Wall St is doing and how it closes so they might as well stay with the news.

When the audience and resources are limited it’s sensible to use them on shows where you’ll get more bang for your buck.

You’ll probably find business breakfast or something similar will return in winter when wall sr closes much earlier AEST.

1 Like

Steve Baxter, formerly on Shark Tank, is a mentor on a new program RiverPitch starting on Tuesday. Source: The Australian.

1 Like

Fauziah must have joined a little while ago as she’s on right now doing the Your Call segment.

Probably rolling her eyes at some of these callers.

1 Like

(Your Money CEO Kylie Merritt) said the integration would happen over the coming weeks, but insisted Your Money’s digital presence across social, Foxtel Go and 9Now will remain unchanged.

AdNews adds Your Money’s standalone website will close, and its content will move into other sites, beginning with news.com.au.

1 Like

Interesting it didn’t take off the way it was off was kinda dead on arrival . Wonder how long before they just give up on The actual channel itself and put it back to sky business . Sounds like to me it’s been bleeding since it’s launch and it’s on it’s way out slowly.

I think Nine’s merger with Fairfax creats a conflict of interest given Nine now owns The Australian Financial Review.

1 Like

If News is mostly funding the channel as seems to be the case and Nine is making money out of it, presumably it will continue until News pulls the plug?

This isn’t really a surprise considering the news about the digital platform being closed a few weeks ago:

The channel’s last day will be May 17th

6 Likes

Not sure which thread is the right one to discuss the network’s usage LCN-95 after the closure of Your Money, but what are we expecting Nine to do with the extra space they’ll have on the multiplex after next Friday? The return of Extra? Something else?

I suppose Foxtel will just reallocate the space “Your Money HD” is currently using to launch a HD version of Sky News Weather or Sky News Extra. Even better would be Foxtel adding to the service a HD version of a channel like BBC World News, CNN or Al Jazeera English (Surely all the major international news channels are being produced in HD these days?) but of course that probably won’t ever happen.

If anything, I’m more surprised that Your Money still launched after the NEC/Fairfax merger announcement!

1 Like

Hopefully a return of 9GemHD.

1 Like

A 2nd HD multichannel from Nine would be really good (especially since SBS will soon have three!), but the closure of Your Money won’t leave THAT much extra space on the multiplex.

Sports coverage aside though, I’d probably prefer 9Go! to be available in HD before 9Gem.

6 Likes

I wonder if it will go back to being sky news business

EDIT: it appears not

I’m surprised that News didn’t decide to do that - it leaves a gap not only in the market but their offering

2 Likes

yep. doesn;t lave much in terms of dedicated ANZ market coverage. i guess those who were seriously into the money markets didn’t watch my money anyway - they probally watch bloomberg or CNBC

Another thing I’m surprised wasn’t picked up on - Your Money will be closed down before the Federal Election! TBH I’m surprised they didn’t hold on for the weekend so Sky News could use the channel as a metro FTA platform for their Federal Election coverage.

Personally, I wonder how much time Bloomberg & CNBC takes to focus on the Australian/New Zealand markets each day?

I highly doubt Sky were able to just use it for their own purposes like that. Nine would have made sure the JV wasn’t going to compete with Nine News on that level.

4 Likes

This was never going to last for more than 12months after the Fairfax/Nine merger. Perplexed that they went ahead with it in the first place as surely they would have known they were interested in merging with Fairfax at the time of the announcement of this joint venture.

5 Likes

No Money.

4 Likes