Nine (WIN)

Yes those screenshots are amazing except for the one with Christopher Pyne…

1 Like

I wonder if their clean feed from 10 is now better quality and that has improved the quality of WIN HD.

There was talk in the Ten On-Air Presentation thread that 10 may have upgraded part of their playout and have improved HD in general.

2 Likes

I would bet it’s on TENs side. I never seen WIN improve the quality of anything.

2 Likes

Saw this while scrolling through Google Images. Has anyone ever seen this logo before?
64842768_496224577585846_4828545286638927872_n-sgh2u3cdejyrurs3is2_ct300x225

3 Likes

Nope, I’ve never seen Television used in place of News like that before. They normally used the boxy logo with Television underneath WIN.

4 Likes

Why is the Canberra CH10 Win tv was showing a The View today 6am to 6.08am bit odd?
6.08am turn over to sky news?
can anyone tell me the reason?

2 Likes

4 Likes

It would appear the closure of some of WIN’s newsrooms has freed up some time for their graphic designers. It’s good to see them adapting to the 10 look and not just binning promos that require too much time to re-edit.

5 Likes

Shame it can’t be carried over to the watermarks eh? :joy:

6 Likes

These are supplied by 10.

9 Likes

Not anymore. WIN are left to re-edit all of 10’s promos.

1 Like

since when?

As late as last week I understood it to be 10 still providing WIN-ified promos.

3 Likes

Nah, if WIN were indeed rebadging 10 promos themselves, they would have left out the shots with a 10 logo and replaced them with something generic or nothing at all and just shortened the promos. Been watching this network for 20 years. If they don’t have to WIN-ify something, they won’t!

8 Likes

I was doing a lap of Mount Panorama this afternoon and noticed WIN are event sponsors this year. Near Mcphillamy Park WIN have about 100m of Signage along the road with the mappy logo blasted all over. First time in history WIN have sponsored the Bathurst 1000. Even weirder, no 10 or other related logos were present.

3 Likes

Out of interest where is this?

1 Like

Not sure, just saw this on Google Images. Might have to look it up again for a link that has clues…

Looks like the former Hervey Bay bureau.

Edit: The most recent Google Street View still features this logo.

The offices are currently up for lease following the axing of the Wide Bay bulletin. I can only assume all sales staff etc will be based in the Bundaberg office.

1 Like

Good thinking for WIN to sponsor at Mt Panorama - as locally, they are the station that’ll feature the race.

1 Like

I believe that most recently Mt Panorama has had 7mate & 7 News logos.

2 Likes

Has anyone else ever noticed WINs feed glitching out and repeating before?

Had WIN HD on about 10 minutes ago and had an “Australian seniors” ad just randomly freeze up on screen. Then it glitched and repeated the last 3 seconds 3 times. Then the audio and video were out of sink for about 30 seconds until it fixed.

I’ve started recording now to try and capture if it happens again.

This isn’t the first time i’ve seen this happen on WIN

3 Likes