Nine (WIN)

Nah, if WIN were indeed rebadging 10 promos themselves, they would have left out the shots with a 10 logo and replaced them with something generic or nothing at all and just shortened the promos. Been watching this network for 20 years. If they don’t have to WIN-ify something, they won’t!

8 Likes

I was doing a lap of Mount Panorama this afternoon and noticed WIN are event sponsors this year. Near Mcphillamy Park WIN have about 100m of Signage along the road with the mappy logo blasted all over. First time in history WIN have sponsored the Bathurst 1000. Even weirder, no 10 or other related logos were present.

3 Likes

Out of interest where is this?

1 Like

Not sure, just saw this on Google Images. Might have to look it up again for a link that has clues…

Looks like the former Hervey Bay bureau.

Edit: The most recent Google Street View still features this logo.

The offices are currently up for lease following the axing of the Wide Bay bulletin. I can only assume all sales staff etc will be based in the Bundaberg office.

1 Like

Good thinking for WIN to sponsor at Mt Panorama - as locally, they are the station that’ll feature the race.

1 Like

I believe that most recently Mt Panorama has had 7mate & 7 News logos.

2 Likes

Has anyone else ever noticed WINs feed glitching out and repeating before?

Had WIN HD on about 10 minutes ago and had an “Australian seniors” ad just randomly freeze up on screen. Then it glitched and repeated the last 3 seconds 3 times. Then the audio and video were out of sink for about 30 seconds until it fixed.

I’ve started recording now to try and capture if it happens again.

This isn’t the first time i’ve seen this happen on WIN

3 Likes

That was for the Bathurst 12 Hour, which Seven aired.

It’s sad to see the WIN NEWS buildings sitting abandoned in Orange NSW after the cuts. WIN had only just moved into their new complex at 2/20 Cameron Place (shown below) before it was announced that they would be shutting down (I am pretty sure it’s now empty.) There are now 3 abandoned television stations in Orange, the other being the old PRIME (CBN-8) building, after closing down in 2011.

The “new” WIN building (2/20 Cameron Place)

The previous WIN building (124 Endsleigh Ave) before moving to new location.

Old PRIME building on 185 Bathurst Rd (currently being demolished)

8 Likes

Nice way of getting rid of the Nine dots.

11 Likes

Got any more pics of the old Prime building in Orange?

@Mechsta check these out…
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1316549621701562&set=p.1316549621701562&type=1&theater

2 Likes

You jest, but 9 did pretty much exactly the same thing when they lost the dots in 2006. I did a week of work experience at TCN in 2007 and joked with my supervisor about how cheap it looked because all they did was remove the dot decals and kept the number 9 on the window above reception. We were in a lift with someone else, and when we got out she admonished me for saying something because “that man is an executive here!”.

I got shushed a couple more times for saying things that could have led to hurt feelings if overheard, and came to the early conclusion that people in the television industry have egos made by Swarovski.

13 Likes

Or, you need to learn the pecking order.

An intern with that sort of attitude doesnt last long - in any industry.

5 Likes

I was 16 and had had no corporate experience prior to that. With the better part of a decade in retrospect I probably would have made the observation elsewhere, but I still maintain the bodge job was as funny as it was obvious.

3 Likes

I get it, heck I was one too - and I’ve since learnt that I wasn’t the quiet one either!

3 Likes

I’m on holiday in Ulladulla, and can confirm that the LCNs for 10 Peach and 10 Bold still show up as One and Eleven despite the name change. I tried rescanning, but they didn’t change.

2 Likes

If you’re staying in a hotel, the TV could be part of a MATV system that controls the LCN names, or the TV is in a ‘hotel mode’ preventing changes despite allowing you to scan. The best test is to use your own tuner. Or Google the TV make and model and see if there’s an admin password for it.

3 Likes

I’m staying at a holiday cabin in Ulladulla for those who are unaware, and I have a proper FTA tuner inside.

2 Likes