Nine (WIN)

I’m sorry to ask a question that may have been asked before but why doesn’t 10 offer a clean feed to WIN instead of a dirty feed, they must know that WIN aren’t going to broadcast a channel that promotes another group.

Also why doesn’t WIN use the round logo for the main channel programing instead of the Map logo. it would be easier for cover ups and be inline for their promos they show.

1 Like

It may be the case that both versions were offered to WIN, but to save costs of running the channels entirely (including graphics, redoing promos with WIN Peach/Bold logos), they’d just show the 10 versions.

Ask Bruce Gordon. He is obsessed with mappy. WIN originally had a plain watermark when they first signed the deal with 10, but that lasted 6 months.

7 Likes

Because mappy is WIN’s main channel logo. The circle version however is used by Ten in the promos they make for WIN as a quick way to cover up the Ten.

2 Likes

I think it’s meant to be the network logo. But, in good old WIN tradition, a version sans ‘network’ is also used as a watermark on the main WIN channel. Otherwise it’s very rarely seen on anything other than network-wide promotional stuff.

6 Likes

I was in the building that houses WIN in Newcastle today and was intrigued by this sign in the lift that lists WIN have having two different suites with different purposes, names and logos.

8 Likes

Production probably looks after TVC creating… so makes sense to have separate entrance for clients.

Maybe…

2 Likes
2 Likes

A Prime7 takeover would be the only solution to Bruce’s ratings problems.

Just not sure how the 7 logo would look with mappy…

4 Likes

And, of course, 10 managed to get the Bold logo in the top right corner last night. WIN, as per usual, had it there and it stayed there instead of the usual movement to the bottom right part way through.

2 Likes

Even with WINs cover up attempts, the sharp corners of 7 are likely to appear near Adelaide, Cairns and Broome.

1 Like

Andrew Gordon has invested in and is a board member of a new real estate agency Betterway Real Estate that is being run by a former executive of the failed Purplebricks. Betterway will advertise on WIN in their target markets of Newcastle, Wollongong, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.

2 Likes

Shrek 2 Break Bumper:

Australian Survivor Pop Up:

7 Likes

That’s the look most people give when they see mappy for the first time

11 Likes

i98FM competition:

2 Likes

WIN’s Traralgon building, as you can see, some outdated branding and promos! Even the dotty logo appeared! (Video coming soon).

15 Likes

Channel Ten promos are slipping through WIN during the Supercars, with the WIN map on the top right. For example, a Maked Singer sneak peek aired at 4pm today

2 Likes

Nice job…

10 Likes

It’s not the first time it’s happened. I spotted this clanger last year on WIN Gold Coast

10 Likes

Sky News on WIN WA has moved to LCN 85. Not sure why, but this move seams to coincide with a marked improvement in video quality on WIN HD. WIN HD is now probably the best looking HD channel here in regional WA. Sky News’ video has also improved.

Ofcourse, WIN still promoting Sky News on channel 83.

I also suspect TVSN has changed to MPEG2. I am unable to extract system information from my TV with my universal remote, but my MPEG2 only PRV now decodes TVSN.

4 Likes

Is Gold still in WA or has it moved to LCN 83?

4 Likes