Nine (WIN)

Actually two* channels. SD and HD.

ducks for cover

6 Likes

Guess it depends how you look at it.

throws a tomato your way

5 Likes

I think it’s nice to see the return of mappy as a cute piece of nostalgia, though it’s plain to see that old Bruce is tooting his own horn to try and make the WIN brand distinct and now there are too many logos.

I think that the best way to reintroduce mappy would have been to make it the PRG animation, then for it to fade completely into the plain WIN wordmark, or morph into the circular coverup. Mappy is too bulky to be used as a permanent watermark, faded, coverup or otherwise.

Is it possible to request the creation of this mock idea? I don’t have the tools to create it myself.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that earlier today and posted about it in the Nine Network Programming thread.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that listed!!

What is with WIN and both using and not using the HD addition in individual markets. I’ve still never seen it used at all in QLD.

I think win are in a bit of a identity crisis they still use nine style stuff on there news and now they don’t even know what logo to use no wonder they are in trouble

I reckon it’s because no one actually monitors the channels that closely. If it’s not showing black, then it’s working. Any problems other than that like watermarks or incorrect promos slip through the centralised system. And without a decent social media presence, any feedback from viewers falls on deaf ears.

I forgot to mention Gold in WA has been fixed. It was like this from end of October to about a weeks ago last time I checked. How does a channel showing all-grey slip through? I know no one watches Gold anyway, so the feedback component probably doesn’t factor in. But it proves they simply have no idea what’s being broadcast on their own bloody channels.

3 Likes

I don’t know why WIN didn’t just use the texturing of the bottom version of mappy for their watermark (the simplifed “WIN Network” logo) instead of the hideous bright blue version above. Though I do prefer the placing of the ‘HD’ below the ‘N’ in WIN on crappy mappy.

I’m also surprised that Gold has not been rebranded (back) to WIN Gold amidst this sudden burst of WINostalgia.

4 Likes

I’m going to laugh if we ever see, or better yet hear, “WIN One”

5 Likes

Why WIN One when you could WIN Eleven? :joy:

5 Likes

Christmas Day promo

The other Christmas promo

4 Likes

Well from my point of view, it is the Ten Network which is evil.

becomes Sith

Whoa ok, I agree I agree!

Wrong, you’re supposed to take the high ground.

In that case, I don’t think Ten’s failures have anything to do with WIN’s inability to brand itself consistently and monitor their own broadcasts. If you’re implying Ten has ‘triggered’ WIN into defcon identity crisis mode, then I agree.

I was making multiple Star Wars references but I feel like this may not have been the optimal audience. I deeply regret this decision and shall rethink my role on these forums going forward.

And I agree with you.

3 Likes

Can you give it writing?

Sorry mate, missed the Star Wars boat. More of a Trekkie :slight_smile:

Normal watermark has returned, but could be because it’s filler programming as BBL finished early.

4 Likes

Of course it’s “premium” to them, they are being cheap!

And I’d hate to see what WIN calls a sub-standard channel then.

Soon they will launch Crawfords TV and call that “The Golden Age of Television”

1 Like

And destroy a “Golden Age” with a giant blue blob.