WIN News

My guess is they’ll drop mappy on everyone like a lead balloon; both for reasons of (irrational) ego and because it’ll be comparitively easy for them to push the same shitstain infested feeds into NNSW they currently do elsewhere in the same timezone than to set up separate Ten-branded feeds.

Them putting the effort into a Gold Coast news bulletin doesn’t make sense; it’s already well covered by the (significantly stronger) competition from the Brisbane stations so I’ll be surprised if even WIN is crazy enough to go there (especially if they were to before having local news in the rest of NRN10’s broadcast area).

PS: Sorry for the mixed metaphors.

1 Like

I was more thinking how to they handle the messaging to viewers that Ten is changing to Win?

Do viewers just wake up one day and promos, bugs, Vo and all branding are now WIN, with no announcement or explanation or introduction to viewers?

Or do they start running promos 2 weeks out:

“WIN - Australia’a largest regional TV network - is coming to Newcastle” (insert local region name)

Still the home of your favourite blockbuster shows: master chef, goggglebox, the bachelor, have you been paying attention, the project, now with a brand new name - WIN"

I kinda think the latter.

1 Like

Once the sale is finalised and we have a handover date, presentation to move to MediaHub with WIN branding thereafter as per the other markets.

News updates you’d expect from Wollongong with an existing WIN newsreader. Shouldn’t be too difficult for 2 minute updates.

It’s just unfortunate Tasmania doesn’t do more heavy lifting for the network compared to Wollongong and Maroochydore. But I guess the national news headlines are at least something.

I’m inclined to think both. Once the handover is finalised, it will immediately switch to WIN. If they’re smart, after the handover they will run promos explaining that Ten is now WIN. Similar to the post-affiliation change promos: “all your favourite content is now on WIN”.

1 Like

I will imagine that they will air the same advertisements that they aired prior to the affiliation swap last year, the content in them should be relatively up to date still anyway, except channel numbers

News I imagine will go the way that @Aurora suggested at first but have the feeling that like @KICK-IT it said, there will be a full bulletin eventually

What’s the current LCN for 10 in NSW - 10 or 8? Any odds on whether it’s going to change after WIN takes over operations?

5 series for SC10 NBN is 8 series.

NNSW Is 5.

SNSW is 8.

No because as pointed out, NBN is on the 8 range
Nine will not swap channel ranges with WIN just like WIN wouldnt swap channel ranges with SCA

So WIN would be on 5, 50, 51, 52, 54, 55 in NNSW
8, 80, 81, 82, 84, 85 everywhere else

How many bulletins are WIN making at Wollongong currently, would they be able to manage pre recording yet another half hour bulletin from there?

Aswell as the MIA, and SA.

My bad, you can tell what part of the state I’m from!

Griffith/MIA and SA has the 8x range like everywhere else.

But they also have the 5x range for Nine, that was formerly Ten.

They’re making 9 half-hour bulletins at present.

• Illawarra
  • Canberra
  • Central West
  • Riverina/MIA
  • Albury
  • Shepparton
  • Bendigo
  • Ballarat
  • Gippsland

yes and they also have the 6x range for WIN Seven. However I’m talking about the channels branded WIN, ONE, ELEVEN, TVSN and GOLD, not any other channels they are carrying on a different range

So yes you are right, but WIN in NNSW will be on the 5x range, where WIN everywhere else is on the 8x range. So any promotional material they may generate, air or place on their website will need to be modified for NNSW

Thanks for that. Surely there is no more room in the schedule each day to be producing a tenth full bulletin? I believe that they will go ahead with a full news service for NNSW, but where from exactly.

1 Like

The Victorian and SNSW bulletins are done from separate studios. I’m sure they’d have the capacity for a separate studio for NNSW.

Goodness! I guess Bruce would force the NNSW transmitters to switch to the Channel 8 multiplex. If that’s so, big trouble for him with Nine and NBN.

1 Like

I don’t know how he could do that.

Neither do I, but Channel 8 is now WIN’s home for Ten programs outside NNSW.

and even then, only on 1 out of 3 transmitters, so basically the whole bottom half of the coast is not covered.