WIN News

The theme music is unmistakably nine, needs to be updated. A new keyed backdrop is a priority though, the current one looks like absolute shit and is one of the easiest things to fix with someone handy with Photoshop. C’mon WIN…

5 Likes

I just realised they start the opening theme music at the correct time unlike all the other bulletins.

Unlike most others here, I actually think WIN should keep their news presentation exactly how it is.
There have already been so many changes to WIN recently, it’s better for them to keep the news intact in my opinion.

In a few months when everyone is used to the change, definitely go ahead and change it to match Ten’s News, but for now they should leave it alone, as far as i’m concerned anyway :slight_smile:

4 Likes

[quote=“webguy, post:699, topic:214, full:true”]
That coverup doesn’t quite coverup the whole TEN News watermark - it misses a bit at the bottom. As such, it also aligns slightly higher than it should with the full TEN News super bar.[/quote]Has been like that since the first night at 5.30. I wonder if they have actually noticed it or not? So bloody tacky and lazy if you ask me. :expressionless:

[quote=“killy06, post:700, topic:214, full:true”]
The theme music is unmistakably nine, needs to be updated. A new keyed backdrop is a priority though, the current one looks like absolute shit and is one of the easiest things to fix with someone handy with Photoshop. C’mon WIN…[/quote]Agree. I hope they overhaul the whole package in the next few months. Here’s hoping anyways! :grin::+1:

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:698, topic:214, full:true”]
Tonight’s Tassie bulletin. Lucy mentions their absence tomorrow night due to sports coverage at 08:14[/quote]Noticed the quality of the Ten sourced reports weren’t as bad last night as they have been over the last week. Not as glitchy.

I feel soooo embarrassed for Lucy to have to say there is no local WIN News this weekend due to Ten’s V8 Supercars coverage. They may as well of signed off with “but you can still catch the local, national and international news at 6pm over on Southern Cross or 9 Tasmania instead”. :yum::grin:

1 Like

I don’t know why they wouldn’t push to the news on Nine - they own half of that station

“WIN News won’t be airing this Weekend due to live the Motorsport coverage this weekend here on Win, but for you choose you can catch all
The latest national news at 6pm
Over on our sister station, channel 9”

1 Like

Too risky. Viewers might end up liking the Melbourne news.

7 Likes

WIN would never tell their viewers to make the switch over to Nine’s Melbourne News. They would be utterly moronic to do that. Really, the viewers they’ve already turned away this weekend with no news service possibly won’t return as it is without actually saying straight-out to turn to another channels news.

Quite a number of the people I know who don’t like watching Southern Cross News, and who used to watch WIN News before they changed to the earlier time, have made the switch to 9 News instead and much prefer it to WIN also (I have a feeling a high number of their viewers have done the exact same thing).

2 Likes

I know there were a lot of people who watched Ten News Melbourne before over the Tasmanian bulletins (and let’s face it, half the reporters were ex-Tasmanian ones anyway!) but I’m expecting that number to go even higher now with Nine News.

I’ll actually admit though, I’ve watched more WIN News this past week than in the past year, until 6 when I switch to Southern Cross and I’ve even watched some Family Feud rather than The Chase so the scheduling will have some interesting results in Tasmania I think.

1 Like

WIN advised on their Tasmanian Facebook page about no news also. It says “stay tuned for Tasmanian updates through the evening” I find it hard to believe 10 would have no national content to pass on. They could have easily aired the bulletin at 6 tonight instead of 5.30. That’s what used to happen with cricket coverage etc.

2 Likes

As previously advised Ten are producing a 5.30 bulletin for Adelaide - that would be about 6pm in Tasmania I think :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There’re taking the TEN approach to news then clearly :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Same thing can be said about Ten themselves in the major East Coast markets, but lets not get back into that debate right now…

3 Likes

Yup, a half hour national bulletin st 6 that could’ve aired live in Adelaide from 5:30 as scheduled to replace a modern family repeat would’ve been a much better option. They seem very opposed to airing news outside of the 5-6pm timeslot, weird.

2 Likes

Maybe there is something in WIN’s contract with Ten that means they can’t do the Tasmanian news at 6:00pm on weekends?

Slowly uploading new look WIN News bulletins from around the country. First lot is from NSW/ACT. The Victoria and Queensland bulletins will be done early next week.

10 Likes

Thanks for those uploads and also the Ten Early & Late bulletins posted earlier. :smiley:

2 Likes

[quote=“Alista, post:708, topic:214, full:true”]
WIN advised on their Tasmanian Facebook page about no news also. It says “stay tuned for Tasmanian updates through the evening”[/quote]One unimpressed viewer has already commented on that.

how the hell is racing more important than the news? slackers.

WIN’s reply.

There are three weekends a year where we won’t have local news due to Motorsport. This is a programming decision that is out of our hands.

9 Likes

WIN isn’t wrong there.

Yes they are.

WIN control what WIN show.

9 Likes

That’s a nice collection. You’ve done very well with the editing and piecing the bits together. Great work!

2 Likes