WIN News

@JohnsonTV uproar?

If 23 million other Aussies don’t uproar at the fact ten has no weekend news I don’t think half a million Tasmanians will

5 Likes

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:680, topic:214, full:true”]
@JohnsonTV uproar?

If 23 million other Aussies don’t uproar at the fact ten has no weekend news I don’t think half a million Tasmanians will
[/quote]And considering barely anyone watches WIN News down here, I very much many if any of the people that actually watches it really cares either. They can get a far superior product on Southern Cross at 6pm.

4 Likes

More full screen graphics

10 Likes

Interesting that the ‘chicken little’s’ think the sky will fall when something like the V8 Supercars cover the weekend news timeslot. This will occur approximately twice in six months and provide both sides of the fence viewers with choice. Interesting the Seven Network cuts some of their News Bulletins during the Open tennis each summer, nary a word spoken . . . ?

Yeah but Seven doesn’t stop airing it’s flagship bulletin of the day (6pm) just because there’s a major sporting event on!

3 Likes

Same with Nine. Both utilise their multichannels so news isn’t sacrificed.

3 Likes

But nine and seven are news networks. Ten is not. Plain & simple

2 Likes

Seven cuts the length of it’s flagship bulletin to half an hour. Having the benefit of multi-channel programming also assists.

1 Like

Flawed strategy if you ask me.

3 Likes

Making use of the almost perfect reception of WIN I’m getting at the moment. Here’s WIN News Illawarra’s headlines including a minor throw from Sandra.

4 Likes

Did Ten record that outro just for Win? Or did people in Sydney see it?

4 Likes

People in Sydney saw it as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“HarbourSideTv, post:691, topic:214”]
People in Sydney saw it as well. :slight_smile:
[/quote]Weird… I’m sure that was confusing for viewers in not just Sydney, but also Northern NSW.

3 Likes

I Agree. " Stand by for your local news " What?!?! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“Oh, I didn’t know Grant Denyer did the news!” :wink:

1 Like

To be truthful, Grant Denyer was actually a news reporter for Ten years ago but that’s irrelevant to WIN News of course! :wink:

Personally, I would get Ten’s 5pm news presenters to say “if you’re a WIN viewer, your local news is up next but for everyone else it’s Family Feud” or something among those lines.

3 Likes

Something like that was probably intended but it didn’t look like much time to say anything other than a few words. Wonder if anybody switched to Prime afterwards.

2 Likes

They should just do a pre-recorded sign off for WIN markets, and do a different live one for Sydney & NNSW.

2 Likes

Tonight’s Tassie bulletin. Lucy mentions their absence tomorrow night due to sports coverage at 08:14

6 Likes

That coverup doesn’t quite coverup the whole TEN News watermark - it misses a bit at the bottom. As such, it also aligns slightly higher than it should with the full TEN News super bar.

8 Likes