WIN News

The background looks a lot like the ABC.

They’re done in Wollongong to cut costs down.

No comparison to ABC News but it looks very stale. It could make do with a spicy upgrade of graphics

I was talking about NBN’s background, by the way.

Monday (5.12.2022) - Friday (9.12.2022): Brent Costelloe will be reading sport in Tasmania, and most likely NSW and VIC.

I wonder when we will see more announcement of the new Tasmania bulletin (presenters etc.) It has been nearly 3 months since the announcement with no new info.

2 Likes

Brent presented the Central West bulletin last night as well:

2 Likes

Monday (5.12.2022): Jared Constable is presenting tonight.

WIN News is back in statewide summer mode.

2 Likes

Enjoy seeing Jared present the bulletin - he’s a great presenter.

has it not always been statewide?

There is usually local openers, local intros and local sport/weather, as well as a localised closer. The average viewer wouldn’t realise it is statewide. Tonight however was the same across all Victorian markets, with a generic opener and generic weather segment covering the whole state.

1 Like

oh ! ok

who is the camera operator in Orange? I mean the lighting on the person outside is woeful. dark shadows in the eyes, not great at all.

The fake live cross was very awkward to watch… nothing about it looked live, terribly edited and shot. Wouldn’t be surprised if she given the questions on paper or from the camera person, and dubbed Brent over the top down the line. Amateur stuff. 6 News does a better production than WIN nowadays.

1 Like

Its sad but being statwide was such a improvement. There was no leanghty fluff stories from interstate and all stories were Victorian. Only downside was the weather

WIN kind of looks outdated. They still haven’t updated to the new Channel 9 graphics yet.

1 Like

Thursday (8.12.2022): Tanya Dendrinos is back presenting sport.

1 Like

I can’t see WIN doing that anytime soon by the look of things and i won’t be surprised if we still see the same graphics this time next year

3 Likes

Queensland State News today with the wrong opener.

4 Likes

Whatever Happened to the Rip & Read Updates in South East SA/Riverland?

Long gone. Unfortunately no requirement in this area to provide noodle updates

1 Like