WIN News

Promo on their FB has GTV news… unless the wrong one was posted earlier today?

EDIT

They have both a QTQ and GTV version on the page.

Yep, the QTQ one was posted a few days ago - at least they’ve updated it now!

1 Like

They already have a part time position covering them, unless that has been cut?

1 Like

From The Australian via The Mercury:

$$ https://themercury.com.au/regional-news-overhaul-on-way-from-win-nine-and-sky-news-australia/

There is nothing about more “generic stories” appearing in the WIN News bulletins, which is what some reporting has claimed.

2 Likes

…although it’d be reasonable to presume that the “statewide” WIN News bulletins might have more stories “that travel” (in other words - more “generic regional issues” type reports) then you’d get from a truly local bulletin.

Yes because they’re not going to admit that, are they?

2 Likes

Except for Canberra and Wollongong would get predominately local news in their half hour. So the southern NSW edition will exclude those regions for their half hour. So in the 21 minutes of news that’s not much per broadcast area.

1 Like

i actually applaud WIN for doing something, if it turns out to be what NNL have been doing , if it rates well WIN may decide to expand. SO well done WIN start small and end big. Support by watching whatever it is that goes to air from Thursday and be positive. The alternative is no news at all, when that would be such a easier choice ( SCA - noodle updates)

3 Likes

204183727_148550507340800_315329244493560506_n
win telling us win news new time slot of 5:30 july 1

3 Likes

WIN News will eventually sport a 9 news look later, just not yet by the looks of it

1 Like

Some of today’s Canberra updates.

4 Likes

I wonder if Bruce Roberts will be back for the start of the new affiliation on Thursday. Amy has been doing the 6pm bulletins since last Monday.

2 Likes

I wish they got Jo Hall doing Vic

They couldn’t afford Jo Hall

2 Likes

Jo’s been with Nine for around five decades (since the late 70s), presented the Melbourne weekend news for many years and has presented NNL for the last five. Could you picture her leaving for another network, let alone a regional affiliate?

2 Likes

I know who I forgot, Amy Duggan with Bruce R.

Tonight’s full bulletin from Shepparton – the second-last before the statewide bulletins kick in under the new affiliation.

Note some kind of playout issue with the WIN News opener.

5 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if they adopt more elements of the Nine Local News model and go with one presenter for news and sport as a cost saving measure. Amy has been presenting news and sport for the majority of the time Bruce has been away, although they used Melissa Russell last night and Lyndal Rogers and Corey Hammond for the first two days of last week.

WIN told The Australian on Monday they’ll be examining staffing levels and the extent of those changes won’t be known until mid August.

4 Likes

So, this is it. Today’s the last day for around a dozen WIN News bulletins.

I wonder who’ll be capping the last editions and the debut editions of the statewide bulletins tomorrow?

2 Likes

@WAtvVideos has got all of them set to record from VAST tonight.

5 Likes