WIN News

Survey Says - NO SHIT! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well WIN have always been off in their own little fairy land.

6 Likes

Do you mean the 2005-2008 Ten News theme? That would be interesting to hear that theme after 8 years absence, as well as the fact the music sort of suits with the animation of the graphics.

Almost certain it’s from The Sims.

3 Likes

WIN News Tasmania confirmed 5:30 weeknights for 60mins following Family Feud.
A half hour bulletin on weekends at 5:30 also.

6 Likes

WIN News kicks off evening viewing at 5.30pm in Tasmania The WIN Network is continuing its commitment to news in Tasmania with a new time-slot every night.

WIN News will air in Tasmania each weeknight from 5.30pm – 6.30pm from Friday July 1 following Family Feud at 5pm. The Project joins the weeknight line-up on WIN at 6.30pm.

On weekends, WIN News will bring Tasmanian viewers a half-hour bulletin from 5.30pm – 6pm commencing Saturday July 2.

WIN’s CEO Andrew Lancaster announced the decision as part of WIN’s new program supply agreement with Network Ten, heralding the change as a fresh opportunity for Tasmanian viewers.

“WIN News in Tasmania’s new 5.30pm time-slot will deliver viewers a two hour line-up that includes a one hour bulletin presented and produced locally with news gathering resources across the state,” he said.

“We are excited to now have the standout team from the multi-Logie award-winning Australian news and current affairs television panel program, The Project, join us at 6.30pm. This means WIN will provide our Tasmanian viewers with one of the most comprehensive evening news and current affairs line-ups in the country.

“The WIN Network has always been committed to producing strong local news coverage and our position in this line-up reinforces the importance we place on keeping our viewers informed at both local and national levels.

1 Like

It means WIN News will have a 30 minute head start on Southern Cross News which rates pretty well in Tasmania.

2 Likes

Where did you source this from?

1 Like

If my predictions are right, WIN will screen zilch of news on July 9 and 10 and many weekends to come because of Ten’s commitment to Supercars and Rugby Union

Not entirely WIN’s fault of course, but that’s ridiculous! Hopefully, WIN puts pressure on the main network to beef up it’s news presence but I won’t be holding my breath for that…

It may not be the fault of Ten either

then who’s fault is it?

Ten doesn’t have capacity to control its own channels?

4 Likes

I am referring to sports, as they don’t control it what time it starts and finishes at

Air the news following the sports…

3 Likes

On WIN the news break before the last question on Millionaire Hot Seat is usually from WIN News, but tonight in Canberra they just had the Nine News Sydney news break with Georgie Gardner.

1 Like

yeah saw that lol

Look who popped up on WIN News tonight (and only on WIN!)

It was for a good cause though

Tonight’s news also featured a “First on WIN”

7 Likes

I guess that WIN Television will be much happier putting on the Ten eyewitness news look and feel on the WIN local news. It never was happy putting on the nine look and feel on the local news except in Tasmania.