WIN News

Another idea: Why don’t those markets losing their news run an All Australian News bulletin 6-6:30?

It would be different to 10 News First because it’d focus on regional Australia.

(My previous suggestion was for WIN to just simulcast a half hour news bulletin from Sky News on WIN that’d cost nothing to produce).

2 Likes

Somehow I don’t think it will happen unfortunately.

2 Likes

Don’t think it is a good idea to run news content for other regions that has no relevance on the local community in that prime timeslot. Why would you want to jumpstart your prime time schedule with something that would attract under 10,000 viewers?

5 Likes

Celebrity Name Game isn’t?

With recent reports suggesting that WIN News has trouble attracting more than about 10-15k viewers in the Illawarra market, sadly I wouldn’t be overly surprised if there are others (including the four which saw their final bulletins last night) where less than 10k people watch WIN at 6pm!

1 Like

One could argue All Australian News and Celebrity Name Game have the same amount of local news relevance as each other in markets without a news service.

4 Likes

No WIN News tonight in FNQ?

1 Like

Looks like WIN have axed other bulletins in secret… Or is this image from Sunday?

Taken this morning, I don’t think Celebrity Name Game is shown on weekends?

1 Like

Also shown on the Nine Entertainment guide for FNQ

1 Like

It’s the same for the rest of Regional QLD, as well as Wollongong & Canberra. It is listed in Regional VIC & Tasmania though.

1 Like

Sounds like an error?

1 Like

Just have to wait to 6:00pm I guess.

Hopefully it’s just an error, or unless there is technical issues meaning it can’t air in that area.

On the WIN website guide it is there:

1 Like

Strange. The on-air guide still says Celebrity Name Game

It might appear that all the NSW/QLD have accidentally been selected the TV guides from the axed regions!

1 Like

Win is providing news updates in the Central West.

3 Likes

Seen the others on there facebook all with just one story

1 Like

The same format as NNSW now with noodle updates.

1 Like

In other words…basically the same as WIN’s local news efforts (or lack of them) for Northern NSW & the Gold Coast.

It’s gonna be interesting to see if 10 News First Sydney still reminds WIN viewers at the end of tonight’s bulletin that their local news is coming up next. With Canberra & the Illawarra now being the only two markets in the whole of NSW and the ACT who receive a WIN News bulletin, the major metropolitan news service may as well single out the two markets by signing off with “Canberra and Illawarra viewers, your local WIN News is next but for everyone else it’s Celebrity Name Game” or words to that effect!

2 Likes

Just like what SCTen used to have. No dedicated news bulletin, just random generic updates. Very cost effective.

1 Like