WIN News

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s no real farewell at all.

7 Likes

argee, Win News does not acknowledge if they make a mistake in previous night program

3 Likes

And then the VAST Regional News channels for those regions start airing Celebrity Name Game or nothing at all since the base system hasn’t been updated since 2010 (even the card on (VAST) LCN 4!).

1 Like

This probably won’t happen, but it’d be a good idea to show the Central West, Riverina, Border/North East and Wide Bay editions of Nine News (as a replacement for the defunct editions of WIN News) on the VAST Regional News channels after tonight.

3 Likes

“We’ll see you again on Monday with a news update”?.

4 Likes

Mackay and Mildura have Rip and Read Bulletins

1 Like

Let’s get those Historic Last Central West, Riverina, Border North East and Wide Bay Bulletins recording and posted on this Page Tonight.

2 Likes

4 Likes

No, Mackay does not.
As I’ve said on here many times, Mackay has no bulletin and no news updates at all. It’s a full relay of Ten Brisbane except for WINs morning schedule adjustments.

6 Likes

Goodbye.

4 Likes

At least it was acknowledged. You could definitely hear the sincerity in Geoff’s voice :sweat:

7 Likes

Neither does Western Australia, but 90 Second Local Updates Are Important To ACMA Standards.

1 Like

Presenter photos have been removed from the social media display pictures of the axed bulletins:

Possibly a sign that WIN will continue to produce updates for all four regions? The reason I ask is because WIN News Northern NSW/Gold Coast (obviously an update-only market) doesn’t feature any presenters in their social media DP.

6 Likes

To be fair, BNE removed the presenters ages ago after Bruce Roberts stopped presenting ours.

1 Like

Wasn’t planning to record them tbh.

1 Like

The final bulletins in full:

24 Likes

The farewell for WIN News Albury was booked at the pub for 6:00pm. I guess that is because the bulletin was pre-recorded in Wollongong so everyone usually headed off before 6:00pm. From Twitter:

6 Likes

Thanks for recording these final WIN News bulletins, your efforts are very much appreciated! :slight_smile:

While the end of these four bulletins is a sad occasion for regional TV as a whole, I’m sure current ABC News channel Chief Sub-editor Matt Cargil will be pleased that one of his reports got a replay on the final edition of WIN News Riverina.

Good observation! :wink:

One would like to hope that the local staff (especially the on-air reporters) of WIN News Albury got to see the final bulletin at the pub, if not before it went to air.

5 Likes

According to ACMA’s local content table, WIN are not obligated to
produce anything for Wide Bay so they might go the same way as Mackay (abandoned completely). BNE, Central West and Riverina do have content requirements though so updates for them will likely continue.

7 Likes