WIN News

Yep, but I think Nine is happy to be working with southern cross at the moment.

5 Likes

I can’t see that happening unless Bruce is prepared to drop the WIN branding and align more closely with Nine who want their brand to have a national presence in order to promote their other media assets.

9 Likes

and i think southern cross will continue do so even in 2021 and i think win will go it alone coz i think sc will be jvc between 10 and 9 which means win news might even be gone or even renamed

2 Likes

Much rather they jump across to the number 1 network - Seven.

Much more to work with there.

2 Likes

which i find bizarre esp after what bruce did to 9 in the first place . i thought 9 would have nothing to do with win tv. that’s what triggered the switching anyways . 9 told bruce where to go and went to sc and ask them to be there regional affiliate . then that left bruce with nothing so he approached 10 and asked them if win could be there regional affiliate . look how that went

2 Likes

When WIN’s Facebook views are attracting similar numbers to their actual bulletins (and sometimes even more), it wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

Yep, I agree. If anything, Ten should be the major commercial FTA network most concerned about the current status of their brand in regional Australia because at the moment you’ve got Seven (while Prime/GWN dual-brand, it’s more or less Channel Seven everywhere), Nine and WIN in most places.

Also despite recently axing bulletins in a couple of smaller/lower rating markets + plenty of criticism over their content, I think Nine will continue to be in it for the long run with their regional bulletins. Aside from maybe the graphics (even then…), the production standards of WIN News really aren’t that much better and are even worse than Nine News’ regional bulletins in some aspects IMO.

2 Likes

WIN should be commended for maintaining a local news presence in the form of a traditional 30 minute bulletin in the more populous regional areas. They are better quality and more comprehensive than the token effort Nine/SC is making with their hybrid bulletins with local news windows even if the WIN bulletins appear to be a little old fashioned.

11 Likes

Time to peal off the white stickers on logos at WIN that are currently covering up 9 dots.

6 Likes

Of course I commend WIN for continuing to produce local news bulletins but that’s not saying much when they’ve also axed a number of services over the years and didn’t launch full bulletins for Northern NSW (not that you can entirely blame them for sticking with updates there, given the dominance of Prime7 & NBN) when NRN was purchased from SCA in 2017.

Perhaps things have changed much since then (post-affiliation switch but pre-Nine News Regional launch), but I wasn’t massively impressed with the quality of WIN News Illawarra the last time I got to see a bulletin in full.

I kinda agree .after watching win news here in Vic I think I will be reverting back to 9 news . Here in Vic it’s half local news and half non local news on win news which the non local stuff im not interested in.but I think win is struggling here in Vic to keep it local

1 Like

I understand software and equipment upgrades are happening. The quality of stories will improve in the near future.

2 Likes

Please tell me this is true :heart_eyes:

1 Like

If only the quality of the channels would improve. If WIN was actually watchable in WA I’m sure they’d have more success.

2 Likes

If only the quality of the watermarks would improve. If the WIN map was actually larger in WA I’m sure they’d have more success.

I would make that for the whole win network. I know here in Vic win tv is the least watched because of there water marks . I know I don’t watch bold or peach on tv .and I am just tolerating wins watermark on the main channel

2 Likes

What I want to know is - any chance of a NNSW bulletin? We could use some competition in Newcastle…

My gripe with WIN surprisingly isn’t about their watermarks. It’s about the overly compressed pixelated dogs breakfast of a broadcast they provide to WA viewers. I have been sent recordings of WIN from the eastern states and the quality looks good compared to ours. WIN does nothing about it and it’s impossible to engage with them at all as they have no news bulletin with a social media presence and calling their reception with technical queries leads nowhere. #WINning

4 Likes

lol yeah i know what u about their repection staff , the one i rang when they changed ids had no idea whatsoever, and even had less idea when i made a suggestion

I feel her pain

6 Likes