WIN News

Haha maybe 12 months ago this was true. WIN’s watermarks are now no bigger than anyone else’s, with the exception of Studio 10.

1 Like

Maybe WIN should film it, and air it on Peach on Saturday nights. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

The rarer 2008 NSW version of WIN’s “News Hour” promo. Too bad they didn’t use the NNN coverup logo on-air!:laughing:

2 Likes

Always loved their slogan of “The best hour of news in the country”

6 Likes

WIN was so much better back then!

1 Like

I daresay that having higher rating Nine Network content (even if it was fairly ordinary during 2008) was probably a small part of the reason why WIN News was so much better back then! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would also think ratings and ad rates were higher then too. Well, before the stockmarket crash, anyway.

2 Likes

We’ve become accustomed to WIN’s oversized shitstains obscuring supers on Ten programming, now it is happening on their own product.

Also tonight, WIN’s shitty piecemeal method of news bulletin production delivered another blooper. The first sport report, presented by Jared Constable, appeared after the first break before the news reports resumed with Geoff throwing to the sport segment before the second break.

7 Likes

i now believe win news isnt the best as it once was.there making mistakes and i know here where iam at times they even struggle for local news so they put stuff in that isnt local to the area ie reports from around Victoria or even around australa

2 Likes

They can’t even spelll their hometown if that super is anything to go by.

7 Likes

I didn’t even notice that!

Someone alert Nine News Illawarra. WIN found the L missing from Wollongong in their bulletin a couple of weeks ago.

43%20PM

6 Likes

I do agree, the product in Victoria has dwindled somewhat since they moved production.

2 Likes

If that is the case, then why are there constant posts bagging the employees and their attempt at producing the best they can from WIN studios. All stations in the regional sense are solid environments for young journalists to learn their trade and many move on to successful careers in metro news rooms.

If it is only Bruce you are not happy with, then leave your posts to speak about him. I am sure most if not every WIN employee goes to work to do the best job they can do . . . otherwise they wouldn’t turn up . . . and for the record, I am not a WIN employee, but have worked for three metro networks and two regional networks over the past 40 years in the industry, and see this from both sides of the fence, plus have been through the highs and lows of redundancies, and the introduction of aggregation across the country.

3 Likes

Correct

:face_vomiting:
I hope this doesn’t happen. Nine is so much better now that it is being run by SCA.

4 Likes

it wont . nine will never let win be an affiliate after what Bruce did to them ie bruce took 9 to court over 9s nine now streaming service and claimed it was a beach of the affiliation contract which it wasnt and then 9 told win to go look somewhere else and 9 and sc got together then

2 Likes

Unless WIN are prepared to surrender more of their profits to pay for the affiliation, I can’t see Nine being remotely interested. Especially not after all the fuss all parties went through in the previous affiliation change.

On another note, I thought that Ten was on the mend?

5 Likes

Nothing personal in this business.

Bruce Gordon is currently one of the largest shareholders in Nine.

1 Like

It was someone’s fault this time. If you thought what I said keeps me from being critical about WIN then you’re having a lend. WIN staff shouldn’t take offence at things that are out of their control.

Ignoring @NewsWeary’s much harsher assessment of that bulletin is interesting though.

3 Likes

This is business, not a primary school playground. 9 will affiliate with whoever can cough up the most money.

5 Likes