WIN News

Anyone have WIN News Border North East from tonight (25/3), especially the weather?

2 Likes

“Studio D”? Out of curiosity, how many studios does Wollongong have?

1 Like

Illawarra and Canberra montages from last night:

1 Like

From what I’ve seen across social media there is four studios for news.

A is VIC/TAS
B is NSW/ACT
C is NNSW updates
D is QLD

There’s also a ‘Studio 1’ which I assume is where Alive and Cooking is filmed.

1 Like

Since the presenters are there already and they have four news studios surely it’s not hard to do composite bulletins for each area, with local op-outs, even only for 30 minutes?

But since this is WIN we’re talking about…

1 Like

Why is it that we’ve seen photos from a number of broadcast facilities from around the country but there is very little, if any of the WIN HQ?

1 Like

Don’t get me started on WIN and the way they handle matters relating to news programming etc. Anyone will see from the Random Mock threads some great ideas for the 5pm to 7:30pm schedule, but if you are dealing with WIN management, you need some sort of half hour opt out between 5:30pm and 7:30pm otherwise WIN are likely to channel shift or drop something from the schedule like The Project and replace it with WIN News and some other ridiculous program (given WINs past performance possibly ET, Alive and Cooking, Fishing Australia or The Saddle Club)

1 Like

It doesn’t really surprise me, to be honest. The only people who would get the opportunity to take photos from inside the WIN HQ are people who work for the company, but I mean, what are the chances of a WIN employee/insider from the Illawarra joining Media Spy? Pretty slim. I have personally been to the WIN HQ at Mount Saint Thomas before (I’ve got photos of the outside of the building), although I’ve never actually been inside the building/studio itself.

1 Like

I think there’s a good chance there’s WIN people on MediaSpy from the Illawarra that frequent this forum and that’s why no one posts photos.

The same could be said though about other television studios (e.g TCN-9, TEN-10), yet photos/videos have been publicly shared online.

Well this is the old-school, anti-technology, Magnum-PI-schedulin’ WIN we are talking about. You’d be lucky to find staff with actual smart phones to take photos. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the receptionist still uses a typewriter and rotary dial phone.

3 Likes

14 Likes

Not as slim as you think.
I know for a fact some management and employees have taken offence to some of the material posted here by users. Especially the constant bagging about presentation and the quality of WIN News.

WIN HQ is nothing to get excited about. The downstairs consists of control rooms, studios, news exchange, a newsroom/ edit suites, maintenance, a courtyard (where you’ll often find Geoff Philips watering the plants), and white wall office space.
Upstairs is a lot more modern, the home of i98fm, Bruce Gordon, and various management.

15 Likes

Interesting insights indeed.

Also, on behalf of everyone at MS, welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Pretty accurate. You’re just missing Bruce’s trophies sitting on a shelf next to her.

1 Like

Well they shouldn’t. Bruce asks for it by keeping WIN in the stone ages. I’m sure the staff like their jobs but we all know they’re not to blame.

7 Likes

I can see CBS/10 eventually owning the network, which I think would be good for all.

Regional news would move to the capital stations, similar to Nine.

4 Likes

From what I hear in the corridors, the current agenda is to realign with the 9 Network in 2021 if 10’s woes continue.

10 Likes