WIN News

This also appeared on WIN SA when they were a Seven affiliate from 2007 to 2010. Must have been how Seven communicated timings to their affiliates. This page was paused during WIN News and ran on half hour delay for Seven News and Today Tonight.

1 Like

The Southern Cross feed is different to the metro feeds though. SC Ten typically have then TEN watermark as an outline in white, while the metros use the colour logo.
Not sure what what’s happened with it since the watermark changed to the TEN HD version of the blue circle.

If that’s the case it’s a more recent thing, and I’ll happily stand corrected. The “Network” feed and Network 2 feeds were clean of everything except sports watermarks. Network 2 was used for occassional times when there was an alternative program to the main Network feed. In truth, most of the affiliates were using the cap city dirty feeds for convenience of PRG’s etc, when those affiliates are branded as Ten, like SC10 and Ten Mildura.

[quote=“ando9185, post:271, topic:214”]
I agree but there’s still a feel for it in the north at times, that’s great though if the south feels like it’s statewide then Southern Cross really are kicking goals to have the state united![/quote]I mean, they even go to the length of presenting sport and the weather from their Hobart studios quite regularly, too instead of solely out of the Launceston studio.

[quote=“ando9185, post:271, topic:214, full:true”]
Newsreader wise too they’ve had many names over the years including some from Southern Cross with Judy Benson for a while and then Peter Hughes coming from years at the ABC.

I’ve got no answers for what WIN should do in Tas, but I think they’ve certainly tried over the years and given things a reasonable crack.
[/quote]And not to mention, Steve Titmus also ventured over to WIN to head up their News for a couple of years (around 2008 I think?) to try and turn around their fortunes, which obviously failed and he then left.

It definitely doesn’t help things when they have such a revolving door of presenters that come and go after short stints unlike at SC which has been so consistent for many, many years. Who knows, they could always cut their losses go and axe their News again and simulcast the Melbourne bulletin like before. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You gotta laugh at WIN - in this news intro the newsreader calls WIN “australia’s largest regional network” but calls ten “a major metro station”

LOL - Ten is a station, WIN is a network. OK WIN :slight_smile:

Also WIN’s claim to be the largest regional network is not correct. SC broadcasts to over seven million people with QLD, NNSW, SNSW, ACT and VIC. Without the NNSW market (which is 2 million people) WIN only reaches just over 6 million.

So they are not the largest.

3 Likes

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:306, topic:214”]
So they are not the larges
[/quote]I think they’re taking the geographic angle- being the only regional broadcasting into WA and Qld means that they cover a larger geographic area than any other network. Sure it’s clutching at straws, but of course they’ll do whatever It take to make themselves look better.

EDIT: On second thoughts, since the Remote Central and Eastern license covers a large amount of Qld, NSW and SA on top of NT (and small parts of Tas and Vic) that title might still go to SCA.

2 Likes

I agree - if anything it’s a geographic claim. But no company really claims to be the largest anything by geographic claim. That’s a bit ridiculous.

wonder if win news will use the 10 eyewitness news style opening instead of their current opening

I don’t know for sure, but one would imagine that WIN News will most likely have to change their On-Air Presentation on July 1 because they probably won’t be allowed to use the current and rather Nine-inspired look after the switch on June 30.

1 Like

In advertising, you take any angle available in an attempt to bolster your product.
the statement is correct & factual, it’s a statement that not many would care about if they were told the full story.

At the very least they’ll have to swap out the Cool Hand Luke theme.

Here’s hoping…

9 Likes

This shows every news story broadcast on WIN’s local Sunshine Coast news on Friday - thought it might be of interest to compare to Nine’s Gold Coast News.

Ends with promo for All Australian News.

3 Likes

I find this presentation a real turn-off. For starters, I hate virtual sets and find them pretty unwatchable. Also, there’s no sort of “theme” to the set. It’s just - I don’t know! You can’t get a newsroom vibe?

you forgot the part where you mentioned these were mocks I already posted in the mocks thread… honest mistake I am sure :slight_smile:

They should use local backdrops for local news, not generic ones

1 Like

@SA_TV yes sorry! Your mocks are BRILLIANT!!!

ACT Budget graphics

4 Likes

3,300 new teachers for such a small jurisdiction?

A quick Google tells me that 3,300 is the number of current teachers in the ACT: http://apps.treasury.act.gov.au/budget/budget-2016-2017/media-releases/better-education-system

Awkward.

5 Likes

6600 teachers! That’ll learn 'em!

3 Likes