WIN News

What will they call the station?

• WIN? That loses the entire brand value of “Ten”. Plus, they spend all their time covering up “Ten” logos.
  • TEN? Then what do they call “WIN News”?
    “WIN News on TEN”? OK, but kind of clunky.
    “TEN Local News” or some variation of that? OK again, but, really, ‘WIN’ simply disappears?

OI think the name will stay “WIN”

I think a new logo will reference or incorporate the Ten logo somehow, but the name will be “Win”

It could be Win in a blue circle like ten

Or it could be laid out like ten news logo.

A ten logo to the left; followed by WIN

They won’t be covering up ten logos. They will work with Ten to have a clean feed and version promos for WIN

Ten News at 5 anchors will say something like “for our WIN viewers WIN news is coming up right now.
For everyone else. Good night”

Personally, I think WIN News will still be called “WIN News”, with it airing at 6pm.

Despite competition, 6:00pm is a no-brainer I think, especially considering Family Feud already airs on ONE and ELEVEN.

5:00pm Ten Eyewitness News
6:00pm WIN News
6:30pm The Project

Sounds like a perfect schedule.

OK. So WIN would give up the opportunity to be a “TEN”? Fair enough - I mean, they are who they are. Still, it’s a lot to give up. So, in the regions, you’ll have NINE, PRIME7 and WIN…?

Option 1: (win)
Option 2: (ten) WIN
Option 3: WIN (ten)

I think my bet is on “WIN (ten)

3 Likes

It’s still gonna be called WIN. Don’t expect the Ten brand on air unless it’s news.

or 10 watermark during programs

I don’t think it has to be 10 watermarked during programs. That was just Southern Cross being lazy and using “dirty” feeds so they didn’t have to worry about watermarks and return to program graphics themselves. Win have the option of using the 10 Network clean feed, as it was intended to be used.

1 Like

Story on WIN News Townsville just confirmed that WIN will be staying on LCN 8 with TEN programs.

The WIN CEO confirmed in the story saying that the Big Bash and Formula 1 will be shown on WIN on channel 8 and in HD on channel 80.

win news needs to change to change their win news and have it like ten style logo transparent

just over 4 weeks to go

5 Likes

Mention of The Project for me pretty much rules out the 6.30 - 7.30 time for WIN News. May be a possibility that a move to 6pm could come before 1 July.

2 Likes

how so? If WIN is still running Nine News at 6.00 up until 30 June?

WIN might try to shaft Nine by airing WIN News at 6:00 and Alive and Cooking at 6:30 :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Or alternatively, WIN could give Nine the ‘last hurrah’ by showing Nine News on 1/2 hour delay at 6:30-7:30pm. :wink:

The one positive of having WIN under the Ten affiliation is that, if WIN News is to air at 6pm, at least it won’t go head-to-head with ABC News, especially in Canberra, where the latter has its own local bulletin. Also, it would be the first time since 2007 that Canberra has a local news bulletin at 6pm, before WIN moved it to 6:30pm that year & then to 7pm in October 2013 to accommodate Nine News extending to 1-hour.

My understanding is that the TEN clean feed is only black for commercial breaks, but TEN branding is present on program, same as what occurs in the USA?

2 Likes

it be the same when sc10 currently doing during programs Ten watermark

Not sure about Ten, but the clean feed of Nine on Optus D1 has black for commercials and no watermark and no branding during programming (no PRGs, pop-ups, etc.). The newsbreaks are on the clean feed, but not programme promos. The clean feed also has four audio tracks, and you can hear studio audio on one of the tracks. News and sports still has the solid Nine logo and graphics.

Here’s a clip I recorded with the studio audio track:

8 Likes

Don’t TEN HQ Sydney send a clean (national) feed to WIN HQ Wollongong?

But the transmission is a blank screen when TEN HQ cut to commercials?

Harder to work with, when The Project (6:30pm to 7:30pm LIVE) is broadcast out of TEN Melbourne).

Requiring the signal to transmit to multiple locations on Australia…

I remember SC10 used to have a clean feed of 10 which didn’t have 10’s watermark. Then they had a period where some programmes were watermarked, but others weren’t. Eventually, it went to the dirty feed full-time.

I also remember that Prime had on teletext page 700 the timings for all the upcoming ad breaks and such.

Edit: Found it:

Edit 2: And a Sydney version; also with the Scratchpad page on 701:

6 Likes