WIN News

SPOILER ALERT: here’s your local weather :joy::joy:

7 Likes

Canberra bulletin had a cross last night for the stormy weather:

1 Like

Another example of Short Closers of 2018, despite having all WIN’s buletins (believed to be, but correct me if I’m wrong) pre-recorded. That’s kinda weird, because Amy just said Good Night after throwing her back from Chris. I’d remember another local bulletin having a short closer, but it comes from a generic closer that is done in two verions. Other details would be on another proper thread.

1 Like

They are pre-recorded, but they also have to be backtimed properly. Packages and other elements recorded earlier in the production cycle are effectively the lengths they are going to be as showtime nears - you can’t cut them down. The only opportunity to do so is with more variable presenter segments such as segues to break or signoff.

Just a bit of a request if anyone’s got a recording box up Rockhampton way - if there’s a story about TigerAir doing some new route to Rockhampton tonight, could you send it to me? A mate of mine apparently was interviewed by the WIN News crew at the airport.

1 Like

Went to College with him, good guy. He was sports presenter on WIN News before moving to Southern Cross and rose through the ranks there quite quickly too, becoming the main political reporter for the state before leaving suddenly to go work for the Labor party. Didn’t realise he’d switched to MONA, will be interesting to see if he can bring a bit of life back into WIN then and make them competitive with 7 Tasmania News/7 News Tasmania/Southern Cross News/Nightly News/Tasmania Nightly News.

Wonder if TAS would eventually be integrated with VIC in the management level. TAS only does 1 30 minute news bulletin per weekday.

Was it this? HIGH HOPES | HIGH HOPES: Great Keppel Island could be the key, to enticing budget airlines back to the Beef Capital. Rockhampton Regional Council is hopeful a tourism... | By WIN News Central QueenslandFacebook

Back home and watching All Australian News. Really wishing they’d start Northern NSW local news, and dumping the Nine-ish look.

3 Likes

This is so stupid, yet funny, but awesome!! I haven’t seen any National news put in as much effort as this, with multiple crosses, and a bit of acting from the presenters. https://www.facebook.com/WINNewsAlbury/videos/1688838581222444/

7 Likes

Nice work. Gotta love it when networks put a bit of effort into the whole Santa thing.

6 Likes

Clever idea to try and get the kids into bed early :joy::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Haters will say it looks too much like Nine’s Santa tracker :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Weather report did not play at the end of WIN News Illawarra tonight. They just had the synoptic chart on screen for 30 seconds before Geoff came back to wrap up the bulletin. Not good when we’re heading into a heatwave.

4 Likes

Is it just me, or is today’s AAN just stories about don’t do this, don’t do that over Xmas/New Year???

Shut up Geoff you old fart. Also, Bruce, start a Northern NSW service you lazy bastard. :rofl:

3 Likes

Can we agree that if full WIN News bulletins are to be established, ideally they’d be produced somewhere in Northern NSW and air at 5pm in lieu of 10 News First Sydney?

Because I reckon having any WIN News Northern NSW bulletins pre-recorded from Wollongong and airing at 6pm would likely be slaughtered in the ratings against the stronger competition!

3 Likes

Agreed. Something to take on NBN/Nine News in the Hunter would be fantastic.

3 Likes

As they’ve just finished centralising to Wollongong, and have abandoned the Tasmanian composite format to boot, highly unlikely. Any new news will be a Wollongong feature in identical format to current productions.

6 Likes

I don’t know if anybody will be able to confirm, does anybody actually watch it?

In saying that I did stop on it when channel surfing the other day and there was no sound at all on the bulletin on the SNoW channel.

1 Like