WIN News

Given the fact WIN are advertising for a Shepparton Journalist, i doubt they’ll be axing it soon

Win news GV and win news Border North East are in very different suitations as albury has competition for local news where as in the GV only Win News has a dedicated bulltin for that region

2 Likes

You’d have to imagine the smaller markets that currently have three local news services at 6pm is were WIN News is most likely to be in danger of being axed or merged with another nearby market’s edition?

Even after all the moves towards centralised production/presentation and the July 2016 affiliation swap, I could imagine the Canberra, Illawarra, Goulburn Valley, Tasmania and maybe a few of the Queensland editions being the WIN News bulletins with the safest futures.

1 Like

A prediction that perhaps the WIN Border North East news to merge with Shepparton/Goulburn Valley as a reaction to SCA Nine’s Border North East news.

1 Like

WIN News will be produced from Sky Studios in the future i rekon!

Doubtful, they’ve just spent the last few years centralising everything to Wollongong. It wouldn’t have been cheap adding additional studio facilities and new equipment.

2 Likes

Although, I should add that Bruce Roberts is still doing some promo updates. But most of them are with Geoff.

Does anyone know whether WIN News posts full bulletins online? I’m going to have a relative appear on WIN News Central West tomorrow night (26 September) and I’d like to get a copy of the bulletin.

Not full bulletins. A handful of stories from each night are uploaded to Facebook. Best to contact the journalist directly and ask for a copy of the story.

2 Likes

WIN News is um hiring? image

5 Likes

As with all networks, they hire as vacancies arise.

It’s not the hiring that’s the issue with the post. It’s the fact that the advertisement is for a Central Queensland based reporter for their Tasmanian bulletin. Hard to report on Tasmanian issues from 2,700km away.

4 Likes

Latika Bourke reports federal politics for Fairfax though she is living in London. So it can be done … :smiley:

It wouldn’t be the first time that WIN has made a typo in its job adverts

Hey guys, there is a possibility that I might do an English persuasive task on WIN news, especially the axing of Tasmanian presenters, and moving it to Wollongong (I think).

So if you are in Tasmania (or anywhere else) and have thoughts on this, pros and cons, if you could let me know. Thank you.

Speaking of Tasmania, here is a montage from Tuesday night … still using the Ten-like graphics:

5 Likes

Any news on the ratings for the Tasmanian bulletin since moving interstate?

1 Like

Riverina promos …

2 Likes

So do most of WIN news’ bulletins get produced in Woollongong?

Every WIN News bulletin is produced in Wollongong these days.

1 Like