WIN News

Some Newcastle noodle updates:

1 Like

Yeah…and I’m the Queen of Sheba. :rofl:

I wouldn’t put it past them to do it, but I’d dare say the following will happen:

1. Unless Sky News produces a regional Victoria bulletin, or retain someone to do 2 minute noodle bulletin, that move will find WIN in breach of some kind of law.
  2. Anyone proposing that sale will find them out of politics if recent opinion polls are to be believed.
5 Likes

We need a constitutional amendment guaranteeing a well funded independent ABC.

Love the idea, but wishful thinking, given the current goons we have in Canberra.

1 Like

More noodle updates from yesterday, including one with sponsor billboard:

3 Likes

Is that new sponsor billboard now used in SA, or are they still scraping by with the one from the old package?

WIN currently airing a series of Special Reports on the Drought this week.
Promo:

Graphics:

4 Likes

And then the Arial Black hit.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Another sponsored News Update:

All of the sponsored updates I’ve seen, its only ever Beaurepaires sponsoring them.

There ones are the Newcastle one posted above and a Tasmania one.

1 Like

Where does WIN get their synoptic and satellite images from?

I don’t think it has been mentioned here, the selling of the offices has been mentioned but it looks like the WIN Television offices in orange has moved aa few km’s down the road. I’ll try to get photos soon but the new office has updated signage for WIN and WIN NEWS. Looks quite nice actually. Will definitely miss the old office though, became an unofficial landmark driving into Orange.

1 Like

Illawarra and Canberra last night:

2 Likes

I wonder if WIN News Border and North East might be coming to an end. Bruce Roberts has left us, we don’t seem to have a standard weather presenter, some nights it’s been Tanya, other nights, Chris. I think we still have Amy Duggan as the sport presenter. But as I have said before, the three presenter have been removed from the Facebook and Twitter profile photos.

Someone has previously suggested they may have moved it to the NSW/ACT presenters. But I thought if they had, they would’ve have put the presenters on the twitter and facebook pages. Looks like BNE is the only victorian news not read by bruce roberts anymore.22%20AM

1 Like

I wonder if WIN will eventually either screen statewide editions (Southern and Central regions merged in NSW) or just air AAN with noodle updates throughout EVERY region. From that post on this forum page and the need to consolidate to remain competitive in the current market, both could be possibilities. I imagine this deal with News Corp may be costing them a pretty penny for the second rate news service - as Paul Murray has said on his program - the premium content is available to Foxtel viewers

1 Like

that is a very good possibility. it would be more cost effective for them if they only aired statewide bulletins, and then leave social media profiles for local news updates. This would also work, if they axed all local bulletins and just have one national bulletin, although I can’t see this taken happily by the public.

I could see it happening, possibly screening on ONE at 6:30pm weeknights and encored on Ten at 11:30pm (in place of AAN) and again the next day on SNOW, ONE and 11

So what’s bound to happen to WIN, is what would’ve happened to Ten.

Thank god CBS got in!

5 Likes

Wild theory here, but following on from the statewide bulletin idea.

The news deal with ANC allows them to share content. What if WIN is planning on making ABC-style statewide bulletins using WIN resources for regional stories and ANC resources for metro and international? Cuts their production costs as they’ll only be making a handful of market-wide bulletins (RQLD, NNSW, SNSW, RVIC, likely separate ACT) instead of numerous local ones, and gives them access to metro and international stories.

This is all speculation at this point. No announcements have been made. This also assumes that Bruce Gordon doesnt offend another media “partner”