WIN News

I don’t see how WIN are going to be able to shorten every show by 2 minutes after the local news. They won’t be cutting out ad breaks, that would be financial suicide.

In Northern NSW it will be easier by removing the noodle updates. My suggestion for doing it earlier in the night is an idea, they could continue program delays and shorten advertising breaks later in the night.

The only other alternative that may be feasible for WIN would be producing a multi-region bulletin for Northern NSW and screen it at 6:30pm on One. The same could be done form Mackay and perhaps using relevant stories from adjacent regions and again screen it on One at 6:30pm. I daresay that the rating probably won’t be much different to those on the main channel, provided there is adequate promotion for such a project.

Likely Scenario

Unless WIN can secure affiliation with Nine again or Seven, I cannot see anything more than noodle updates appearing on WIN Mackay or WIN northern NSW anytime soon. Yes I did suggest a 10 minute insert on the back of WIN News which in theory has potential, but WIN would probably stuff up the execution of such a venture

Unless they are forced too, it’s more like never, I think.

forced by legislation, perhaps, but then again, the regional stations got around the minimum local content rules before and nothing was done until Prime axed Newcastle, Canberra and Wollongong local news bulletins

Well there’s no way WIN would ever be able to secure Nine affiliation in Northern NSW as NBN is a Nine O&O station in Northern NSW.

Unless the unlikely scenario of Southern Cross buying NBN were to happen. If it didnt and WIN reclaimed the Nine affiliation, then the former NRN/RTN will again become the station no one wants

3 Likes

(Thankfully) that’s never ever going to happen.

2 Likes

Amy Duggan now presenting sport on Tasmania bulletin. Montage and caps from last night:

2 Likes

GODDAMN Brent is swole

3 Likes

terrible chrome-keying

From what I’ve noticed, the graphics used during reports or playout to breaks are newsroom-based from Tassie, given that Wollonggong didn’t implement their graphics to them. Is this also true to other WIN News bulletin regions?

The Tasmanian bulletin is the only one using Ten graphics (supers). All others use WIN’s graphics.

Yeah, I’m aware on that. But I’m totally surprised that the transfer to Wollonggong didn’t mean a change of graphics, as well.

Might be a phased in thing, just like how they had Brent last week and they’ve now worked in three new presenters and then will tweak graphics and those sorts of things in the next week or two. Who knows, I’m back to Southern Cross!

Since they take the time to do coverup supers for AAN it’s a bit strange this hasn’t become the norm for the main bulletin since the shift to Wollongong.

The Ten supers don’t blend with the current graphics. Different shades of blue and different globe types.

1 Like

The super globe actually matches WIN’s to a tee.

Does anyone know if Bruce Roberts has left WIN News? Because I have been away from WIN news for a few weeks, I’m not sure, but I’ve noticed that the Win News Albury (Border North East) facebook and twitter pages now have profile pictures without any presenters in them, and I have noticed that Geoff Phillips has been presenting the news recently.

If you scroll up a few posts you’ll see he was presenting the Tasmanian bulletin earlier this week. All other Victorian regions still feature Bruce on socials. Maybe they’ve added the Border bulletin to the NSW/ACT presenters lineup.

1 Like

Rumour on Twitter.

Would there be a sky news Victoria edition that would have to be made or would just be like prime7 and not have any regional Victorian news