WIN News

Ready for Tomorrow Nights Final Bulletin From the ABC Hobart Studios?

1 Like

But as their own story states, there are four parties.

Fairfax getting stories wrong, WIN starting to wind down … at least they still have the ABC.

1 Like

I’m hoping my recording of the news worked. I think it’s there but I currently have no picture on my Fetch and I’m waiting a little while before giving it a full kick in the guts. There was a power outage this afternoon and I didn’t get home to ensure everything was back on track in time.

1 Like

Bruce Roberts and Amy Duggan will present the Tasmanian bulletin from next week.

3 Likes

I must say I’m shocked at how quiet this part of the forum is all things considered.

2 Likes

Which means Amy will be presenting sport across ten bulletins per day. Quite the workload for one presenter.

Well, I am not surprised.

Weather and the closer from tonight’s bulletin. Didn’t really have much, just that there will still be the Tasmanian stories from Monday. Seeing a lot of the posts on Facebook there’s a lot of confusion. Many people thinking the Tasmanian news is going altogether and others who still think it’s Channel Nine. (Yes, I know that is WIN’s fault too)

8 Likes

Apparently, the ratings are already very low as it is. If it gets even lower, will WIN axe the 30 min Tasmania bulletin altogether & replace it with updates like they do in Northern NSW?

they didn’t even say that bruce will be reading the stories from monday

Here is where the CBS Ten could do something. I know a few of us have been throwing up the idea of a 30 minute news service at 6:30pm. Here is an idea that could work

the 5pm bulletin becomes a national bulletin (much like National Nine Afternoon News) with a 15 minutes state based news window (in Tasmania WIN could use this window for its local news product) and then produce a 30 minute state based news bulletin at 6:30pm (with Tasmania taking the Victorian edition at 6:30pm with possibly a 2 minute noodle update included)

From what I can gather, WIN News didn’t even introduce Tasmanian viewers to the presenters they’ll be seeing from Monday? That’s a bit slack!

The 4pm bulletins on Nine (and Seven) are localised for each of the five main metro markets though…

I think the ratings at 6:30 would fall lower than what they are now. Currently I switch from Nine News over to The Project at 6:30. If Ten had news at 6:30 instead of The Project I would just continue to watch Nine.

Sorry the 3pm bulletin

Not necessarily as until 7pm, there is no half hour option on any of the networks - Seven Nine and Ten only offer 1 hour bulletins as does SBS. ABC News at 7pm is a 30 minute bulletin - the only evening short form bulletin available

Yeah, I certainly wouldn’t say that the current format of Nine News Now (especially with the “Showbiz” and “Chat Room” segments) is one worth adopting by Ten/WIN or any network in the Early Evening.

If there was really a strongly pronounced preference by the general public for a 30 minute evening bulletin, I suspect that ABC News at 7pm would likely be #1 in the ratings in all metro markets. But I’ll probably have a bit more to say about that at another time and in another thread.

Thats where I think a 15 minute state based window could fill a gap.

The fact is 10 years ago we would of probably said that Nine and Seven wouldnt extend to 1 hour as they would have to fill it with stories on slow news days that wouldnt normally make the light of day on a main news bulletin of the day. So it could give Ten a boost. Perhaps Ten could of held off Pointless and tried a 30 minute 6pm News bulletin without altering anything - perhaps wouldnt work as well as a 6:30pm bulletin - but may work.

Alternatively, maybe a 30 minute 6:30pm bulletin could be trialed in the 2 or 3 weeks that The Project goes into hiatus over Christmas/New Year

It’s more WIN trying to pretend to their audience that when they watch Monday’s bulletin, it’s ‘business as usual’. While we know that isn’t the case, that’s the impression they tried to give with how last nights bulletin closed

2 Likes

WIN News Central West:

3 Likes

WIN don’t post as much Central West content online as they do for most other regions.

Not really, an hour/90 minutes of studio time at the most.

1 Like