WIN News

yep, if it was the choice between WIN dropping or moving the bulletin and SC switching to Seven branding being announced first I would have chosen the news.

2 Likes

Weekend Tasmania news:

5 Likes

Thanks for doubling their viewership!

4 Likes

Definitely interesting that they have kept up a local weekend bulletin when Ten donā€™t bother doing it. Must be enough people still watching to justify it.

4 Likes

When WIN Tasmania axed its weekend bulletin temporarily, Southern Cross had a field day, especially when they produced a promo comparing the ratings of both weekend bulletins

6 Likes

Is the weekend bulletin a local affair or a composite local/national bulletin?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2018 North Korea-United States summit

On Weekends it is composite and it airs at 5:30pm.

They donā€™t take the national weekend news bulletin. At 5pm they show something like Family Feud or Fishing Australia before WIN News at 5:30pm.

When the Nine/Ten switch over first occurred, they tried composite hour bulletin on weekdays 5.30pm - 6.30pm, before going to a local bulletin at 6pm and Ten News Melbourne at 5pm.

During this time the weekend bulletin was still composite half hour at 5:30pm.

1 Like

WIN should just do a composite half hour at 6pm.

1 Like

Makes sense ??

Tasmania caps:

2 Likes

That 2 way box cap is terrible, they should really change the sizing of the boxes so they donā€™t look so zoomed out.

8 Likes

That $45 of $270m for the Northern Prison is going to make a huge difference!

2 Likes

Geoff Phillips 30 Years at WIN:

8 Likes

A very well done closer! The last few years, Geoff seemed like a dead personality on screen, but Iā€™m glad he had a fun side!

4 Likes

I really donā€™t understand all the love for Geoff Phillipsā€¦
from what Iā€™ve seen of him, he comes across so plain and boring. I couldnā€™t stand to watch him for a full news bulletin.

6 Likes

Ray Dineen from NBN News was always much better.

2 Likes

I think he thinks heā€™s Wollongongā€™s Brian Henderson. Heā€™s not.

3 Likes

Surely Bruce Roberts is better in terms of presenting then Geoff Phillips.

3 Likes

Surely this is a network driven event to drum up interest in the bulletin, and draw attention to the fact that they have so much experience compared to Nine Local News.

2 Likes