WIN News

The ACT Policing section of the AFP are on big salaries, according to WIN. :smiley:

4 Likes

They’re getting Lionel Messi, Crisitiano Ronaldo, and some soccer superstars to join the force?

4 Likes

Cameras are locked off but they could do a nice zoom in to start the bulletin.

1 Like

And a zoom out to sign off

A new microphone flag:

6 Likes

Hmm, I wonder where WIN News got the idea for that mic flag design… :thinking:

5 Likes

I preferred the old one, made theirs different. The new one looks a bit cluttered.

Why do all the networks now have [channel logo] News on their mic flags? It was better in the days of just the channel logo, Ten’s is the only one left, while I’m not even going to discuss Nine’s.

4 Likes

Cannot wait for Nine to cram “See it FIRST EXCLUSIVE on NineNews.com.au 24/7” onto their flag :stuck_out_tongue:

But, yes, a simple station logo is enough. It tells you all need to know.

6 Likes

Can anyone who doesn’t get Tanya as your weather presenter answer these questions for me? A) Do they step out of screen when the forecast is moving across the map? B) Do they point to the forecasts/synoptic/satellite images? OR do they keep their hands close to their body?

WIN News Tasmania tonight. This must be the only WIN News bulletin that doesn’t have HD Studio shots, due to every other bulletin being done at Wollongong. The only HD element in Tasmania is the news update opener:

4 Likes

i like the weather. We don’t get national temperatures, and I like the titles better. But then I guess it is a tasmanian bulletin, and not just a local region

There’s only one other weather presenter for the WIN Network apart from Tanya and that is Hayley Francis in Queensland.

Hayley is off screen for the majority of the report including the regional fly around, synoptic and satellite images.

This never used to be the case when the weather was presented out of the Queensland studios. However even
back then Hayley didn’t engage with the graphics like Hannah McEwan and Corinne May. The presenter has also switched sides since the bulletin moved to Wollongong.

1 Like

Especially when you compare it to those poor old firefighters!

$14k each, either there’s something wrong with those figures, or they’re not telling the full story.

2 Likes

Interesting. Yeah, so as I said tanya is off screen for the fly around (now I now the correct terminology) but she is onscreen for satellite/synoptic. I remember having Jane Bunn and Britt Diterich, they both interacted with the screen. I feel that perhaps the reason for this change, is that Tanya and Hayley might not have a screen that shows them what the viewers see, so they don’t know where they are pointing.

I still don’t know why they move out of screen, maybe that’s the workings of Bruce.

Last night (8/6) we had a presenter named Kristie. So WIN do have spares, which is unusual, because generally if the weather presenter is away, that main news reader just reads the weather. so either tanya has left, but there was no mention of that. or tanya is away for the long weekend.

You’re probably referring to Kristy Coulcher, who from memory is usually a presenter for the Northern NSW/Gold Coast Updates.

Most likely.

1 Like

thats her! but as I said, I thought the news reader (Bruce) just read the weather.

Border North East seems to have the worst weather. Why does everyone else get a seven day forecast?? We only get three days!

We have it here in Shepparton as well.

Count yourself lucky that the Tasmanian bulletin is still locally produced. Or even still running at all.

7 Likes