WIN News

Ten supers(?) still being used?

Yes, still using the Ten supers. Good to see they’ve gotten rid of that blank orange strip on the bottom of the supers.

2 Likes

Looks like it but with “TASMANIA’S NEWS” written in the orange strip again on the right. I’ll try and get some caps later.

Footage of the BBL from Ten rather than WIN used by the Tasmanian newsroom, hopefully Bruce didn’t see that update! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good to see that WIN News Tasmania have updated their graphics nonetheless! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i was talking to Bruce Roberts about the new looks he hoping they get new Music for the into

2 Likes

Not required. It works fine.

3 Likes

That’s kind of like saying 60 Minutes is of no relevance to people in Broken Hill because they don’t do stories in Broken Hill.

All Australian News is like a long and dreary version of Today Tonight, but I think it’s a stretch to say that people who don’t have a WIN news bulletin are not interested at all. The stories are of general human interest, regardless the location.

5 Likes

Without the con man or ‘save on your power bills’ story’s :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I guess it would be like some people find those award shows in the different genres, whilst others find them boring

Or the ACMA shall Investigate why WIN Abandoned Mackay without Explanation.

1 Like

Telecasters Australia did that to NRTV back in mid 90’s… abandoned NRTV News without any explanation, didnt give the news team a chance to say goodbye to viewers

2 Likes

Unless you write to the Australian Communications and Media Authority Yourself, Let’s Hope WIN can change their Mind and Resurrect the News Bulletin for Mackay and the Whitsundays.

The ACMA wont give a shit if WIN are doing noodle updates.

But they aren’t doing Noodle updates in Mackay! That market gets nothing from WIN News at all.

1 Like

Why - WIN are not required to service that market with a local news service. They are meeting all of their local content obligations, the ACMA have no reason or need to investigate.

4 Likes

If there was a need to air local news, why doesnt the ABC or SBS have the same obligations??

They absolutely should.
And with the 55 or so local newsrooms around the country ABC is better positioned than anyone to be doing it.

They have these content centers in 55 cities creating content for digital, online, radio etc - they should be creating content for TV

A few possible options

A 10 or 15 minute local news at 6:45 or 6:50 leading into the 7pm State news
Or a 5 minute window in the 7pm state news?

They could even do a multi-egion format eg Northern NSW and Southern NSW would have separate bulletins - possible could air on ABC News channel

congratulations!

is that tv? on tv my news only says Your Local News, not the region, it’s only the updates that include the region.