WIN News

Win border north east still using the old logo title for their twitter alerts when the news airs on tv.

2 Likes

A rare sight, three ‘First on WIN’ reports featured in the Central QLD bulletin tonight.

First being the main line derailment of a coal train west of Rockhampton, second was exclusive dash cam vision of a crash on the Rockhampton-Yeppoon Road and third in relation to the political drama over the funding of Rookwood Wier.

The first two were exclusive to WIN, but the Rookwood Weir also featured on Seven News.

5 Likes

The “First on WIN” looks very Nine like, more so than TEN anyway I think.

5 Likes

Is it really only four (technically five) of the six of the NNSW/GC regions that WIN produce their local updates for?

Newcastle Hunter
Gold Coast + Lismore [two regions merged, only GC under SCA]
Mid North Coast (Coffs Harbor/Port Macquarie/Taree)
New England (Tamworth)

Interesting to note from seeing the FB uploads that 99% of the updates have the “Your Local News” tag instead of the region name.

Also, are the 6PM-only SA updates localised for the Mt Gambier and Riverland areas, or are they just statewide?

Localised

Riverland updates

I do know that WIN don’t air any Central Coast local news updates, as (being a situation that they inherited from SCA) they only operate from 1 of 3 Central Coast TX sites (being Forresters Beach / Wyong) and even that is a 100% relay of WIN Newcastle right down to the LCN name and ads etc.

And it’s weird in the first one, win is still using that old logo with the orange end still on some bulletins, but they’ve updated the main third, why don’t the change the logo as well?
And I feel them taking out the orange line and then adding the red box around “your local news”. Has made it look more like nine, the orange line kinda tied in with ten news

1 Like

Some caps of NNSW News Updates downloaded from Facebook:

6 Likes

Kate Fotheringham is presenting on location in Tamworth. Looks like she is there to cover the Country Music Festival.

6 Likes

That seems even more pointless than the usual updates - wasting the whole time on ‘band wants to win award at awards ceremony’ just because they have footage?

Either just read headlines, or make it 2-3 minutes if you’re using footage.

2 Likes

I like that WIN have made an effort to send Kate up there and do a report on location with footage too.

Much better than just reading something from the Wollongong studio like they normally do.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: WIN Television

If only they Relaunch the Mackay and the Whitsundays News Bulletin.

1 Like

Sad that they don’t even do noodle updates. Surely they could do them SA-style and partner with a local newspaper for even a once-nightly update.

Do the Mackay weather updates use the new graphics package or are they stuck with a knockoff of their previous package.

The Mackay Weather Updates ceased years ago.

Mackay receives absolutely nothing from WIN News at all - the brand doesn’t exist in that market - no news updates, no weather updates, absolutely nothing.

All they receive are the updates that come through from Ten News in Brisbane

1 Like

Except the All Australian News which is completely pointless and has no relevance to those regions without WIN bulletins.

3 Likes

In my opinion, unless they produce a multi-region bulletin (as an example, WIN could present some stories from Mackay in a Rockhampton bulletin) where there are some contributions that could air on All Australian News, they could air something from Crawfords Classics in non-WIN News regions (eg In the morning on WIN, they could air either repeats of The Sullivans or The Flying Doctors and late at night maybe Carsons Law or Matlock Police)… This would provide SOME entertainment for those viewers (And on One/11 air the same as One/11 in the relevant capital city)

Presumably the point of the All Australian News is that it contains the stories from local markets that are of relevance outside them - which would be fine to show in a region that doesn’t get its own bulletin.

If they wanted it to just be to show you the local region’s news, they’d just run repeats of the 6pm bulletin like they used to.

I don’t know what other stories they covered in other updates - but that one seemed absolutely pointless - the content is the kind of stuff that would be filler in a 30 minute bulletin, it doesn’t make sense in a 30 second one. I gained nothing from that story other than that the presenter can wear a hat.

Just reading something from Wollongong would likely have left the viewer more informed.

House fire at Blackwater. Same story but both claiming ‘first’ on respective networks. Seven’s made it to Facebook first at 4.30pm yesterday afternoon, WIN’s at 8.00pm. WIN’s first with footage not filmed on a potato.

2 Likes

Tasmania got the new look tonight.

4 Likes