WIN News

@SydneyCityTV Looks like Illawarra is the only region to receive new title card footage. They must have had a mid-flight emergency with the drone.

1 Like

To me it looks like every region has got a new titlecard, although it seems that WIN cheapened out with the footage by not filming anything new for the non-Illawarra markets.

Also, I wonder if the Illawarra is the only region to have their Opener in native HD because theirs is played out live?

From what has been posted, Illawarra, Central West, Goulburn Valley (previously titled “Goulburn Murray”), Sunshine Coast and Central QLD all have new opener footage. Thus far, only Canberra has recycled footage.

No change to All Australian News.

4 Likes

Canberra update with local background:

Promos unchanged:

2 Likes

If WIN aren’t going to use that style of localised backdrop during the main bulletin, Nine need to steal that.

Nine already do localised backdrops, but the fake set window covers over 50% of the screen leaving only a slit of key for the local backdrop.

For whatever reason (lighting may be part of it) the Sunshine Coast bulletin looks much less ‘2D’ than the Canberra bulletin. Poor old Geoff looks like he’s a cardboard cutout.

Lincoln is a very good reader. Next stop CBS?

That’s odd, when they have the default win news screen where a story should be, hey are using the new one, gues bne hasn’t updated that yet

1 Like

I’ve always wondered why other regional bs have 7 day forecasts, where as albury only gets 3 dats

Apart from the thirds with the reporters names

27 Likes

Lol

Looked like the new titlecard on WIN News Tas updates tonight, don’t think I saw it yesterday.

2 Likes

Canberra tonight, they didn’t use the local background in updates during the 5pm hour:

7 Likes

Good to see Geoff with a bit of personality. He is usually far too wooden from all the videos I’ve seen of him presenting and interacting with the sports presenter.

Also, the Central Queensland updates didn’t use local imagery this afternoon either.

1 Like

Daytime updates with Bruce had the local background:

Ones that aired after 4.30pm that have Geoff did not:

2 Likes

Upon a closer element by element comparison, I think it is safe to say this graphic package was again inspired by Nine’s current graphics, as opposed to WIN’s actual affiliate’s news graphics.

24 Likes

Wow! WIN still trying to hang on to the idea they they are affiliated with Nine and the 9 News brand. That is blatant plagiarism.

2 Likes

It’s actually not plagiarism. Yes, they look similar, but are completely different. The only thing that is the same is the text for win news

1 Like