WIN News

any word on whether northern NSW are going to get half hour WIN News bulletins or is it stll a case of leave it be?

1 Like

Are you for real?
In the world of design those are IDENTICAL.
Show 1000 graphic designers and 1000 would agree with me.

3 Likes

Unless you’re commenting on the sound being completely different, something looking similar on television is pretty much plagiarism or coincidence.

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with it to be honest the only thing I see that’s similar to 9 is the way the win news logo goes in I first thought it was inspired by eyewitness news due to the background all gotta rember that nine looks similar to eyewitness news

2 Likes

Plagiarism or not , if Nine could do anything about it we would have seen a change long ago now.

3 Likes

I actually think Win’s news graphics for the most part look a little more refined than 9’s and therefore prefer the overall presentation. If anything I kind of wish they incorporated a few more elements from Ten to tie in the two news services and obviously to look a little less like their former affiliate. All in all not a bad refresh from them, if not a little surprising.

5 Likes

I think WINs graphics are great! They do look more refined than 9news. Mines vortex is a bit of a mess IMO.

1 Like

Ok I do sort of agree, perhaps win could oF incorporated something more like the promo videos and images, where they have those straight edged boxes.

Also this is off topic, but why does nine news Illawarra not have a little tv screen

1 Like

The bottom left cap I believe was when Nine News Illawarra first started and isn’t the current one. When the next set of regional news broadcasts came in they modified the background.

So for those two images to be compared is an understatement and inaccurate considering Nine doesn’t even use that style anymore

1 Like

Correct. Just shows that WIN’s design is a bit different.

Here is a current Nine News cap.

chrome_2018-01-24_14-37-36

2 Likes

Yup, Win’s keyed backdrop still looks better.

3 Likes

Nine may not use that style anymore, but it’s obvious WIN News have copied Nine’s previous style when making this new graphics package,

2 Likes

To some extent yes they have, but I don’t understand that big fuss about it, it’s not like Nine hasn’t copied anything before. That network has no originality and has copied majority from other networks except its made them win in parts of the east coast.

Australian TV in general has no originality (for the most part) and has copied majorly from other networks and/or overseas but I take your point.

2 Likes

Newcastle also has the new look opener and graphics for the mandated “noodle” updates.

Also looks similar to those posted above.

9 Likes

I noticed on the WIN News logo on the bottom right of the screen they now mention the region. It says Coffs & Mid North up here.

3 Likes

A week old, but check out this neat alliteration from Kate :clap::clap::clap:

A Manning Valley-based boat builder Steba International…

Montages of Canberra, Central West and Riverina last night.

The HD bug was on stuck on screen all day on the WIN Wagga service.

5 Likes

Looks like the Murrumbidgee has returned to the Riverina opener, new footage but identical shot to the 2012-15 opener.