WIN News

I’m curious to want to know if NEC, the owner of nine network will be taking action against WIN for using the opening and closing graphics as too similar to the nine news one?

1 Like

Didn’t it take a long time for the openers to change back when the graphics previously relaunched?

Like everyone else on here, I wish they’d update the opening title and backdrop already. Can’t be that hard :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I completely agree…but remember who we’re talking about here? The same regional news service which kept it’s original 2006 Opening/Closing titlecard graphics in use right up until 2012-13! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Do they have to introduce change or do we just want them to introduce change? It needs to be a softly softly approach, there’s been too much change for the network already and the news is one of those programs that has a sense of stability to the viewers and it’s already been messed around with by changing time and changing the look a little bit but to make sure they don’t lose viewers they need to introduce change slowly. As disappointing as it is for us who love brand new things, the older viewers aren’t so keen on things messing with their routine and yep, different graphics can trigger an over-reaction about the amount of change.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random Mocks

We are talking about changing the red, to more Ten like yellow/orange colors.
NO ONE other than us would even notice that.

Yeah that change nobody would notice but there are others talking about entire background changes needed and changing the music because and complete graphic overhauls because they’re too similar to Nine and while I agree and I love a relaunch as much as the next guy, it’s just too much change along with all their programming changes that some people won’t make the connection that it’s still the same WIN News underneath.

4 Likes

I understand that but it’s Nines News theme, with a Nine looking set/background. If it’s keyed which as far as I’m aware it is then it shouldn’t be that difficult. They are my only concerns, the big one for me is the theme the set not as big of an issue

4 Likes

Does the average person recognise that it’s Nine News theme or do they recognise it as the music to the news they’ve watched for years? If Nine come out and demand WIN need to change it because it’s too similar, then WIN will need to change it but at the moment it’s only people who live and breathe TV presentation who are saying it needs to change because they’ve changed affiliation. WIN have a lot at stake with it and if they don’t need to change it too early, then they can keep the current one.

7 Likes

Why not a TEN News inspired WIN News backdrop like this.

14 Likes

That would look great for say, All Australian News. I still feel like the regional bulletins need a backdrop image to associate them with the local area. Great mock as always though

7 Likes

The large globe could be switched out for a local backdrop. Or the control room in the back is a local backdrop

3 Likes

Win have only ever had one backdrop that reflected the local region and that was years ago for a very short time so that may not really be a necessary feature.

I think local backdrops hold be used - for sure. Huge selling point

There would be a few out there that would see it as the same, cuts confusion down, I wouldn’t change news services just because I don’t like that the theme changed

2 Likes

The networks might worry about it, given how quickly Seven reverted back to The Mission last year (?) when they changed their theme.

For all we know WIN may very well have their own licence to use that version of Cool Hand Luke. May explain why they kept it when Nine changed to their current one.

8 Likes

There is going to be uproar in Tasmania when people find out there will be no WIN News this weekend! Seems the local media has not picked this one up yet. And what will happen on August 27 when Ten shows the Bledisloe Cup match from Wellington (kick off 5.35pm AEST)? WIN needs to have a full bulletin on both days, even if it means shifting from its 5.30pm timeslot.

1 Like

but it might be difficult if there are no national news stories to pick up from Ten on the day