WIN News

With the affiliation switch in less than two weeks, I’m guessing that WIN really don’t care if the Sydney news updates are shown in Queensland at this stage! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Send a telegram to Ayr, near Townsville and double check.

5 Likes

Nine News Sydney updates are airing on WIN Qld because…

• They have to prepare for affiliate switch
  • They stuffed something up
  • They are being WIN
  • They wanted to piss of viewers in Ayr, near Townsville

0 voters

6 Likes

How long has that been happening though?
I’ve only seen in recently.
I’ve also noticed Sydney updates airing on the week nights as well, I watched WIN last Thursday and we were only getting Sydney updates then as well.

I think the first time I noticed Sydney updates in Victoria was about 2 months ago, I thought it was a once off error. I have seen it happen a couple times since but I have never seen it happen during the week only the weekends

Back in April was the first time I mentioned it.
http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/nine-news-content-and-appearance/67/314?u=cqtvnetwork

I’ve only noticed them on weekends, yet to see any during the week.

Just having a further think about Win Tassie.
With weekday presenter Georgia Love off to be the next Bachelorette, would that be the perfect chance to just shift the weekend girl to weekdays, and be done with weekends and take the Ten National News?

1 Like

Don’t give them ideas. I am disgusted by how much Win have cut back their news bulletins and moved them to other places. For example Canberra used to be a southern hub for the station and used to produce weather updates on the weekends for all of southern NSW. Now the studios in Canberra don’t exist and the news is presented in Wollongong its a big shame. All I can see is the cut backs and bulletins being axed continuing with the affliation change.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I think it’s going to be pretty easy for WIN to justify axing it’s Tasmanian bulletin on weekends because Ten, unlike Nine does not produce local news on weekends in major metropolitan markets.

1 Like

and how did that turn out last time the weekend bulletin was axed? Southern Cross TV had a field day!

3 Likes

Yep, I know. Who could ever forget that “Weekend Local News Worm” promo that Southern Cross did?!

Article in Hobart Mercury says WIN Tasmania have not finalized news plans and it may be 5pm Ten News 6pm WIN news 630 Project

What? You mean a Tasmanian newspaper has actually started to report on this issue now that’s just over a week out?

2 Likes

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:394, topic:214, full:true”]With the affiliation switch in less than two weeks, I’m guessing that WIN really don’t care if the Sydney news updates are shown in Queensland at this stage! :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]Clearly they don’t care if either Sydney or Melbourne news updates are shown in Tasmania like they were last night. And a few Nine promos for that matter! WIN have seemingly given up as the end of their current affiliation nears. :yum:

[quote=“SA_TV, post:400, topic:214, full:true”]With weekday presenter Georgia Love off to be the next Bachelorette, would that be the perfect chance to just shift the weekend girl to weekdays, and be done with weekends and take the Ten National News?[/quote]I reckon they’ll keep the weekend bulletins at first and see how it goes, but I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if that scenario actually plays out at some stage again. Despite the likely opposition swipe they’ll cop from Southern Cross like last time, I can’t see them being able to justify weekends continuing for overly long.

4 Likes

Yes, I think as a whole, WINs Local News output in many markets will be reduced. I don’t think they will be able to pay for them given the likelihood of lower revenue from ad spot sales due to the less attractive Ten affiliation.

The question of how long will they keep going for will depend on how quickly Southern Cross (as Nine in the aggregated mainland markets) can increase their output. Which apparently won’t happen until early 2017 ?

But I would be surprised if the majority of WIN’s 30 minute bulletins survives much beyond SC Ten launching their own.

WIN will probably only keep most of them on air in the short term as a community service, as there is no other choice for local news in many cases.

Having said that, it still didn’t stop them dumping bulletins in Mildura and SE Sth Aust.

1 Like

I thunk it’s a fair bet that North Queensland, Sunny Coast, Wollongong and Canberra will stay long term

5 Likes

The only weekend news on WIN is the 5pm news on Ten. All Australian News weekdays at 7am on WIN.

Bizarrely, the small regional affiliate has more news output than the major metropolitan network. Shows how fucked ten are.

6 Likes

It begs the question, what the hell does WIN do for national content for their Tas weekend bulletin on those occasions when Ten can’t be bothered producing one?

2 Likes

Just have a reduced bulletin. The only times Ten doesn’t produce a bulletin is when there is other content (eg sport) that is taking priority, so WIN can just show that and either produce no bulletin or a reduced bulletin.

2 Likes