WIN News

wonder if win news will use the 10 eyewitness news style opening instead of their current opening

I don’t know for sure, but one would imagine that WIN News will most likely have to change their On-Air Presentation on July 1 because they probably won’t be allowed to use the current and rather Nine-inspired look after the switch on June 30.

1 Like

In advertising, you take any angle available in an attempt to bolster your product.
the statement is correct & factual, it’s a statement that not many would care about if they were told the full story.

At the very least they’ll have to swap out the Cool Hand Luke theme.

Here’s hoping…

9 Likes

This shows every news story broadcast on WIN’s local Sunshine Coast news on Friday - thought it might be of interest to compare to Nine’s Gold Coast News.

Ends with promo for All Australian News.

3 Likes

I find this presentation a real turn-off. For starters, I hate virtual sets and find them pretty unwatchable. Also, there’s no sort of “theme” to the set. It’s just - I don’t know! You can’t get a newsroom vibe?

you forgot the part where you mentioned these were mocks I already posted in the mocks thread… honest mistake I am sure :slight_smile:

They should use local backdrops for local news, not generic ones

1 Like

@SA_TV yes sorry! Your mocks are BRILLIANT!!!

ACT Budget graphics

4 Likes

3,300 new teachers for such a small jurisdiction?

A quick Google tells me that 3,300 is the number of current teachers in the ACT: http://apps.treasury.act.gov.au/budget/budget-2016-2017/media-releases/better-education-system

Awkward.

5 Likes

6600 teachers! That’ll learn 'em!

3 Likes

I noticed NSW/ACT bulletins like their Victorian counterparts are now using the generic local ‘watermark’ as opposed to region specific ones.

Hmm, interesting observation.
It’s an odd thought, but maybe they’re looking into doing multiple market combined local news bulletins under TEN affiliation.
That might be how they’re planning to keep all local news services while spending less money.
Hopefully not but anything is a possibility.

1 Like

I wonder what will happen in Tasmania? WIN News at 5 or up against Southern Cross at 6? Probably the end of Ten News from Melbourne, maybe.

There is absolutely no point playing Ten News Melbourne when they already do an hour long bulletin every night anyway. Anyone even thinking they’ll play the Melbourne news is cray cray so why bring it up.

I’m sure the hour long composite bulletin will
Go to just 39 minutes local news at 6, and The high rating Projedt at 630

That leaves ten news at 5 for "national"
News

1 Like

my prediction the first one will be Albury and Shepparton as they have a large overlap, and Shepparton’s service area population is much smaller than Albury’s, a combined bulletin would reach a market the same size as Bendigo or Ballarat. And Shepparton as a separate market was a legacy of when it was awarded a commercial TV station licence in 1959 to commence in 1961. And I think there’s nothing stopping Prime7 Albury from beaming its local news (read in Canberra) into Shepparton.

1 Like

Hopefully WIN is planning for a few things to ensure the success of WIN News at 6 (I’m guessing it goes at 6)

• Work with Ten to provide 30 second windows every 15 minutes in Ten News at 5 for WIN to utilize to play a pre-recorded cross to the local newsreader to preview what is coming up at 6. The Ten anchors would say something like “Now, here’s a look at what is coming up on The Project tonight, for our WIN viewers - here’s a look at what’s ahead on your local WIN News tonight at 6”

• Have significant :10 and :20 promos and new previews in afternoon programming from 3pm onwards pushing to 6

• Have a pop up ticker with local headlines pushing to 6 in afternoon programming