Wentworth

What a start to the final two episodes of the season. Next weeks season finale is going to be massive.

I have now change my thoughts on who killed Kaz after tonight’s episode.

2 Likes

I thought tonight was amazing television.

Who do you think killed Kaz? And what happened tonight that made you think it?

I’m now thinking it’s Sean Brody after he shot someone in last nights episode

That was AMAZING!!!

Easily the best Australian Drama in 20 years.

Next year will be so good with that return at the end!!!

Also, after tonight, there is now only one original inmate left in the cast from season one.

That finale has played with my emotions so much. What a way to end S7 and possibly the series if they didn’t not renew it. That ending was perfect.

Not sure how I feel in regards to that last scene though. It shall be interesting.

Celia Ireland to win a Logie next year for sure

1 Like
1 Like

Wentworth Season 8

Heritage characters join siege survivors on the inside as Wentworth Season 8 commences production

Foxtel today announced season 8 of critically acclaimed Australian drama Wentworth has commenced production with three heritage characters from the original Prisoner series entering the compound.

Fans were left reeling at the end of season 7 after the death of two much loved inmates and the staggering reveal that Joan ‘The Freak’ Ferguson is very much alive.

When Wentworth returns in 2020, the prison community is still reeling from the aftermath of the bloody siege with a new leader at the helm. New characters joining the impressive ensemble of actors include Kate Box ( Upright, Les Norton, Rake) as former top dog of Wentworth , Lou Kelly with a reputation for impulsive brutality; Zoe Terakes (Janet King, The End) as Rebel ‘Reb’ Keane a man trapped inside a woman’s skin and Jane Hall (Neighbours, House Husbands) as the new General Manager, Ann Reynolds who charms her colleagues but treats her prisoners with hard line prejudice.

Foxtel Executive Director of Television, Brian Walsh said: “ Wentworth has been the shining star of Foxtel’s extensive slate of Australian dramas and we are very proud to call “action” on the new season. We are indebted to the remarkable creative talent involved and to showcase the outstanding line-up of actors who bring to life this compelling series.”

“Since its debut in 2013 Wentworth boasts a large and loyal worldwide following and continually attracts some of the country’s finest actors and production creatives, we are thrilled to welcome Kate, Jane and Zoe on board.”

Fremantle Director of Scripted and Wentworth Executive Producer, Jo Porter said: “Some 12 months after we wrapped series 7 it was more than a little bit exciting to see the gates of Wentworth spring open and reveal not only our beloved cast but some new faces join our incredible ensemble of acting talent. We are all so proud of the calibre of actors this production has always been able to attract – and post the first read through it was clear Kate, Jane and Zoe are already comfortable in the skin of their new roles.

“Marcia Gardiner and her team of writers have shaped another exhilarating season and introduced some compelling characters that continue to draw on the legacy of Prisoner while shaping the women to reflect a contemporary Australia. Together with Pino Amenta, Marcia and our incredible writers directors, cast and crew we can’t wait to get started.”

Returning cast are: Pamela Rabe (Joan ‘The Freak’ Ferguson), Kate Atkinson (Vera Bennett), Leah Purcell (Rita Connors), Susie Porter (Marie Winter), Kate Jenkinson (Allie Novak), Rarriwuy Hick (Ruby Mitchell), Katrina Milosevic (Sue ‘Boomer’ Jenkins), Robbie Magasiva (Will Jackson), Bernard Curry (Jake Stewart) and support cast Jacquie Brennan (Linda Miles) and David de Loutour (Dr. Greg Miller).

Wentworth is a Fremantle production for Foxtel with Fremantle Director of Scripted, Jo Porter and Foxtel’s Senior Drama Consultant, Penny Win as executive producers. Pino Amenta is series producer for season eight. The directors are Kevin Carlin, Beck Cole, Fiona Banks, Corrie Chen, Roger Hodgman and Mat King. The writers are John Ridley, Kim Wilson, Peter McTighe, Max Conroy and Marcia Gardner, who is both script producer and writer. Season 8 is supported by funding from Film Victoria.

Wentworth boast numerous awards and nominations locally and internationally including two consecutive year TV Week Logie Award for Most Outstanding Drama and nominated for 2019 AACTA Awards for Best Drama Series (Season 7).

Wentworth is distributed by Fremantle International and has been sold to 158 international territories.

2 Likes

Wentworth was voted best drama of 2019 by Mediaweek readers, just ahead of Total Control.

Wentworth returns in June only on Foxtel

Foxtel today announced Australia’s longest running one hour drama series and global phenomenon Wentworth Season 8 will premiere in June 2020 coinciding with a major fan event – Wentworth Con – coming to Australia.

Foxtel today released the first images from the new series as well as a teaser clip to announce the 8th season.

Wentworth Con will bring its one of a kind experience to Australian fans of Wentworth in Melbourne on June 13-14, 2020. Fans will have the chance to meet and interact with the stars of Wentworth with panels, audience Q&A, photo ops, autograph signing sessions, and more. Wentworth Con is the first official fan convention event dedicated to Foxtel’s award winning Australian drama.

Season 8 cast include: Leah Purcell (Rita Connors), Pamela Rabe (Joan ‘The Freak’ Ferguson), Kate Atkinson (Vera Bennett), Katrina Milosevic (Sue ‘Boomer’ Jenkins), Robbie Magasiva (Will Jackson), Kate Jenkinson (Allie Novak), Bernard Curry (Jake Stewart) , Rarriwuy Hick (Ruby Mitchell), Susie Porter (Marie Winter) along with new cast members Kate Box (Lou Kelly), Jane Hall (Ann Reynolds), Zoe Terakes (Rebel ‘Reb’ Keane) and support cast Jacquie Brennan (Linda Miles) and David de Lautour (Dr. Greg Miller).

Foxtel also announced that Prisoner heritage character, Judy Bryant will enter Wentworth . Vivienne Awosoga ( Neighbours, The Time of Our Lives, Peter Rabbit 2 ) joins the cast for the new season.

Wentworth is a Fremantle production for Foxtel with Fremantle Director of Scripted, Jo Porter and Foxtel’s Senior Drama Consultant, Penny Win as executive producers. Pino Amenta is series producer for season eight. The directors are Kevin Carlin, Beck Cole, Fiona Banks, Corrie Chen, Roger Hodgman and Mat King. The writers are John Ridley, Kim Wilson, Pete McTighe, Max Conroy and Marcia Gardner, who is both script producer and writer. Season 8 is supported by funding from Film Victoria.

Wentworth** **S8 will premiere in June, 2020 exclusive to Foxtel

2 Likes

From TVTonight:

Just to advise I have removed a story with Wentworth return date as Foxtel advises the date is not correct. A magazine story with this date is incorrect.

Susie Porter recently did an interview and mentioned that production is still suspended and is not sure when it’ll resume after halting two months ago. There is still three months worth of filming to be completed once they resume.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/wentworth-stars-wait-to-resume-filming-after-covid19-shutdown/news-story/a8d63af3e15c438d9fc75bb48057b01d

But that would be next year’s season though?

Yep. This year’s 10 episodes have already been completed.

in a video i was watching. they were saying they had season 8a (8) in the can but not season 9

Interesting that season 8 is meant to premiere next month yet we have not had a date announcement yet - just a media release back in March saying June 2020.

During Celia Ireland’s TV Week Logie win a few years ago, she mentioned that it takes about six months to film a season, so if correct they were at the three month mark of filming season 9 when production was halted as there’s three months to go.

Wentworth Season 8 Premieres Tuesday 28 July

Foxtel today announced its critically acclaimed exclusive drama series Wentworth season 8 will premiere on Tuesday July 28 at 8.30pm, available to watch on FOX SHOWCASE or stream on Foxtel Now.

International broadcasters including 5STAR (UK), TVNZ (New Zealand) and Stod 2 (Iceland) are scheduled to roll out the next chapter within days of Foxtel’s unveiling, with many more global territories set to follow.

Wentworth’s season 7 finale had fans on the edge of their seats with a siege that saw inmates murdered by a corrupt guard, new life born amongst the chaos and a much loved inmate take her final breath, all before the final jaw dropping scene revealing Joan ‘The Freak’ Ferguson is very much alive.

When Wentworth returns in 2020, the prison community is still reeling from the aftermath of the bloody siege with a new leader at the helm and four heritage characters from the original Prisoner series set to enter the compound.

Season 8 cast includes: Leah Purcell (Rita Connors), Pamela Rabe (Joan ‘The Freak’ Ferguson), Kate Atkinson (Vera Bennett), Katrina Milosevic (Sue ‘Boomer’ Jenkins), Robbie Magasiva (Will Jackson), Kate Jenkinson (Allie Novak), Bernard Curry (Jake Stewart), Rarriwuy Hick (Ruby Mitchell) and Susie Porter (Marie Winter) along with new cast members Kate Box (Lou Kelly), Jane Hall (Ann Reynolds), Zoe Terakes (Rebel ‘Reb’ Keane), Vivienne Awosoga (Judy Bryant) and support cast Jacquie Brennan (Linda Miles) and David de Lautour (Dr. Greg Miller).

Teal Tuesday just got better with Wentworth Zoom backgrounds now available to download at www.foxtel.com.au/wentworth. Get your teal on, set up a Zoom chat with your friends and you can be sitting in specially created virtual Wentworth sets including the yard, laundry, gym or the hub.

Wentworth is a Fremantle production for Foxtel with Fremantle Director of Scripted, Jo Porter and Foxtel’s Senior Drama Consultant, Penny Win as executive producers. Pino Amenta is series producer for season eight. The directors are Kevin Carlin, Beck Cole, Fiona Banks, Corrie Chen, Roger Hodgman and Mat King. The writers are John Ridley, Kim Wilson, Pete McTighe, Max Conroy and Marcia Gardner, who is both script producer and writer. Season 8 is supported by funding from Film Victoria.

Wentworth S8 will premiere Tuesday, July 28 at 8.30pm

1 Like

I am late to the party on this one. I just borrowed my friends box sets on this. It is the best Australian drama I have seen. The first season was incredible. I was shattered when Beas daughter died.

1 Like

I was a latecomer too and binged all available seasons over a couple of weeks earlier this year, couldn’t believe I hadn’t heard more about this show and it took me so long to catch onto it!

1 Like