Wentworth

Season 7 starts Tuesday, 28th May

Wentwork - Season 7

Returns 28 May at 8.30pm AEST

Every Sentence Has Led To This

Foxtel’s highly anticipated original drama series Wentworth returns for a ten episode seventh season on Tuesday, May 28.

The critically acclaimed mega fan favourite opens with the prison on the brink of imploding as the fiery confrontation between two emerging titans, Rita (Leah Purcell) and Marie (Susie Porter), is imminent after the season 6 bloody finale.

Brian Walsh, Foxtel’s Executive Director of Television, said: “This is a huge year for drama on Foxtel and especially so for our Australian titles, which are spearheaded by the remarkable Wentworth , now in its seventh season. This year the producers and writers have pushed the boundaries even further, the storytelling is as bold and confronting as it’s ever been and the performances from this dynamic ensemble are superb. Fans won’t be disappointed. On any measure, this is television drama at its very best.

Wentworth is a global success story, not just for Foxtel, but for our local industry. It is a distinguished production, a brilliant showcase for our talent on and off the screen and a captivating viewing experience for our customers and broadcast partners around the world,” he said.

“The must-watch seventh season will elevate Wentworth to the next level. All episodes from previous seasons are also available to stream on Foxtel, so new or established viewers can always re-live the Wentworth journey.”

This seasons stellar cast includes: Leah Purcell (Rita Connors), Susie Porter (Marie Winter), Kate Atkinson (Vera Bennett), Celia Ireland (Liz Birdsworth), Katrina Milosevic (Sue ‘Boomer’ Jenkins), Robbie Magasiva (Will Jackson), Tammy MacIntosh (Kaz Proctor), Kate Jenkinson (Allie Novak), Bernard Curry (Jake Stewart),Rarriwuy Hick (Ruby Mitchell), Jacqueline Brennan (Linda Miles) and introduces guest cast David de Lautour and Rick Donald.

Apparently Alex Nation from The Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise is a fan of Wentworth, and was lucky enough to meet Celia Ireland at Melbourne Airport.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw58WfyjnCz/
5,184 Likes, 117 Comments - Alex Nation (@alexandranation) on Instagram: “FACT: It is my literal dream to be on Wentworth. I don’t even need to be a leading lady, I would be…”

1 Like

No, mate. This is not news. Please don’t post this drivel.

Celia often catches the train from my station. Should I ask for a selfie and post it here? :roll_eyes:

Yes.
Pics or your lying :wink:

The first WentworthCon in the US will be held at Newark, New Jersey on June 15. More info can be found here

Every episode of Wentworth streaming now with new series launching today

Wentworth season 7 begins Tuesday, May 28 at 8.30pm, watch on FOX SHOWCASE or stream new episodes every week on Foxtel.

The amazing and sometimes terrifying women of Wentworth in their teal tracksuits are ready to return to our screens today for the award-winning series’ seventh season. Get yourself fully prepared and relive all the shocking confrontations and heart-warmingly real drama that’s happened in the prison. All episodes of the first six seasons are available On Demand so it’s your ultimate catch-up before seeing what happens next in the new episodes from season seven added weekly from today.

Gruesome attacks are common in the Wentworth prison and cast member Susie Porter (Marie Winter) has nominated these three moments as some of her favourites from the whole series: Bea getting her revenge on Jacs (Season 1, Episode 10) “a turning point in Bea’s character that changes her forever – it crosses a line never to return to the other side”; Bea ambushing Ferguson (Season 4, Episode 12) “Bea’s sacrificing her own life so Ferguson will spend the rest of hers in prison”; and Ferguson cutting Lucy’s tongue out (Season 5, Episode 6) “one of the most horrific scenes on television, it’s so graphic.”

Like Prisoner , the original Australian TV series, Wentworth is, at its heart, a show about survival, and a character drama featuring women living in a pressure cooker environment. Despite the rivalries and power struggles, its family of misfits and rebels are forced to forge unlikely friendships and alliances if they want to survive their time inside. From season one, audiences are introduced all over again to Top Dog, Bea Smith (Danielle Cormack) and meet her allies and enemies in the form of original Prisoner inmates Franky Doyle (Nicole da Silva), Liz Birdsworth (Celia Ireland), and Doreen Anderson (Shareena Clanton); as well as new characters Sue ‘Boomer’ Jenkins (Katrina Milosevic) and Jacs Holt (Kris McQuade).

Favourite officers also return to the screen from season one with Meg Jackson (Catherine McClements), Vera Bennett (Kate Atkinson), Erica Davidson (Leeanna Walsman), Matthew Fletcher (Aaron Jeffery) and Meg’s husband, Will Jackson (Robbie Magasiva). In season two “The Freak” Joan Ferguson (Pamela Rabe) heads up the prison as Governor with a mandate to clean up Wentworth and restore order at any cost to the inmates and staff.

The critically-acclaimed mega-fan favourite opens its latest season seven with the prison on the brink of imploding as the fiery inmate confrontation between two emerging titans, Rita Connors (Leah Purcell) and Marie Winter (Susie Porter), is imminent after the bloody finale of season six.

Wentworth has created television history being the first Australian drama to win both the Most Outstanding Drama and Most Popular Drama TV WEEK Logie Awards for its fifth season, bringing the series’ total number of Logie Awards to six, along with four AACTA Awards and four ASTRA Awards. Wentworth is Australia’s longest running one hour drama series and will remain on air until 2021 with an eighth season confirmed.

2 Likes

Geraldine Hakewill (Wanted, Ms Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries) has joined the new season, playing ice addict inmate Kylee Webb.

1 Like

Well deserved nominations again this year.

I read somewhere that this season is 10 episodes dropping from 12. I thought that the next two seasons airing in 2020 and 2021 were going to be 10 episodes?

Not a bad first episode back I must say. Probably one of the better season openers

Yea i thought it was fairly average to begin with and got a lot better. Loving Rita Right now

Holy shit.

I don’t know how to feel about this. I’m speechless :no_mouth:

You can really tell that this was meant to be the last season. The writers have gone all out. Hopefully it keeps going into the next two seasons.

I’m concerned.

Do we have a character who can slide into the main role now?

I don’t think we do.

It’ll be interesting.

Apparently no cast or crew knew on who killed Kaz until the start of filming Episode 10, which is the season finale I think.

Legit cut about this, I couldn’t stand the character first but she grew on me heaps over time. So gutted.

I felt this show had lost its way somewhat but I’m loving this series. It took me a while to warm to “that” character, also. Watched the first four eps over the last few days and can’t wait for more. Was going to wait until towards the end of the series and binge but the speculation spooked me and I wanted to avoid spoilers.

My theory is Ruby killed her to protect Rita’s secret.