Wentworth

I have actually heard a lot of good comments about this show since it started. Even friends in the UK have seen it and asked if I had watched it. I can see how others wouldn’t touched orange is the new black. I am a bit biased towards Australian drama but I think this is ten times better. Small criticism is only that the true representation of indigenous Australians isn’t really there. But it’s only a small critique.

1 Like

according to todays hearld sun wentorth will be renamed wentworth redemption. and will be in two parts. so there will be no season 9 but season 8 a airing july 28 and b next year sometime and will have marta dusseldorp playing Sheila Bausch, a woman accused of theft, arson and mass murder.

1 Like

Season 8B of Wentworth resumes filming in Melbourne this week. Marta Dusseldorp had just arrived on set back in March, when filming was halted due to coronavirus. She channelled the sense of fear and anxiety into her scenes before racing home to Hobart.

Foxtel this morning released a trailer for season 8A.

Marta Dusseldorp Joins Wentworth

Wentworth S8 will premiere Tuesday, July 28 at 8.30pm

Season 8 Trailer Unveiled

Foxtel today unveiled the trailer for the highly anticipated Wentworth season 8 premiere on Tuesday July 28 at 8.30pm, available to watch on FOX SHOWCASE or stream on Foxtel.

Leading Australian actress Marta Dusseldorp will join the stellar ensemble cast for Season 8 playing Sheila Bausch who comes to Wentworth on remand for the murder of nine people at True Path, a cult-like lifestyle retreat. Highly intelligent, charismatic and manipulative, Sheila worked as the personal secretary for True Path’s founder, Dr Mendel ( Brian Vriends ).

Marta Dusseldorp said: “I was just so honoured and excited to come on. I said yes straight away. Wentworth is always so beautifully told.”

Other guest cast to feature this season include Peter O’Brien (Tony Cockburn), Kevin Harrington (Protective Custody Officer Roberts) and Tom Wren (Dominic Slade).

Wentworth resumes production of season 8 part B this week which will air exclusively on Foxtel in 2021.

Jo Porter , Wentworth Executive Producer and Director of Scripted, Fremantle, said: “Together with the cast and crew we are all looking forward to resuming production this week on the final chapter of Wentworth. We have carefully adjusted our production processes to ensure the health and well-being of our team and at the same time ensured we are able to maintain the integrity of our storytelling.”

Season 8 cast includes: Leah Purcell (Rita Connors), Pamela Rabe (Joan ‘The Freak’ Ferguson), Kate Atkinson (Vera Bennett), Katrina Milosevic (Sue ‘Boomer’ Jenkins), Robbie Magasiva (Will Jackson), Kate Jenkinson (Allie Novak), Bernard Curry (Jake Stewart), Rarriwuy Hick (Ruby Mitchell) and Susie Porter (Marie Winter) along with new cast members Kate Box (Lou Kelly), Jane Hall (Ann Reynolds), Zoe Terakes (Rebel ‘Reb’ Keane), Vivienne Awosoga (Judy Bryant) and support cast Jacquie Brennan (Linda Miles) and David de Lautour (Dr. Greg Miller).

Wentworth is a Fremantle production for Foxtel with Fremantle Director of Scripted, Jo Porter and Foxtel’s Senior Drama Consultant, Penny Win as executive producers. Pino Amenta is series producer for season eight. The directors are Kevin Carlin, Beck Cole, Fiona Banks, Corrie Chen, Roger Hodgman and Mat King. The writers are John Ridley, Kim Wilson, Pete McTighe, Max Conroy and Marcia Gardner, who is both script producer and writer. Season 8 is supported by funding from Film Victoria.

Marta Dusseldorp looks like she’ll be great in this series. At lot of new characters coming in across the two seasons. Hopefully the intensity keeps up from last season and builds further. This show keeps going from strength to strength.

I just finished the last season of Wentworth. Amazing season finale and now looking forward to season 8. I did think some seasons fell apart a little. For me the show lost a bit of heart without Bea but I enjoyed it nonetheless

1 Like

Wentworth S8 will premiere Tuesday, July 28 at 8.30pm

Beloved by fans and applauded by critics, acclaimed prison drama Wentworth season 8 returns for an extended sentence this Tuesday July 28 at 8.30pm on FOX SHOWCASE.

The inmates and guards of Wentworth have loved and lost a lot over seven seasons, from brutal attacks in the shower block, ramps, lockdowns, drug use, body bags, love stories, riots, fires and a deadly siege – whatever you do don’t touch the panic button, Wentworth is about to head into unchartered territory when the Freak returns in one of the most twisted plot lines yet.

When the prison gates open on season 8 two new heritage characters arrive on the prison bus, Lou ‘Fingers’ Kelly ( Kate Box ) and Reb Keane ( Zoe Terakes ); also entering the building is new General Manager Ann Reynolds ( Jane Hall ). In episode three, young British hacktivist Judy Bryant ( Vivienne Awosoga ) joins the inmates and immediately wins the support of the women, and later in the series new character Sheila Bausch ( Marta Dusseldorp ) enters the compound on remand for mass murder.

Other cast members include: Leah Purcell (Rita Connors), Pamela Rabe (Joan ‘The Freak’ Ferguson), Kate Atkinson (Vera Bennett), Katrina Milosevic (Sue ‘Boomer’ Jenkins), Robbie Magasiva (Will Jackson), Kate Jenkinson (Allie Novak), Bernard Curry (Jake Stewart), Rarriwuy Hick (Ruby Mitchell) and Susie Porter (Marie Winter) along with support cast Jacquie Brennan (Linda Miles), David de Lautour (Dr. Greg Miller) and Louisa Mignone (Zaina Saad).

Wentworth is a Fremantle production for Foxtel with Fremantle Director of Scripted, Jo Porter and Foxtel’s Senior Drama Consultant, Penny Win as executive producers. Pino Amenta is series producer for season eight. The directors are Kevin Carlin, Beck Cole, Fiona Banks, Corrie Chen, Roger Hodgman and Mat King. The writers are John Ridley, Kim Wilson, Pete McTighe, Max Conroy and Marcia Gardner, who is both script producer and writer. Season 8 is supported by funding from Film Victoria.

It has been said that these two seasons are the last but what are the chances for Wentworth getting renewed for another season or two after 2021? I guess it depends on the television ratings, funding from Film Victoria and if the writers/producers/cast want to continue doing the great work that they do?

no chance.

1 Like

Front page Courier Mail

I wouldn’t say never.
The world in which we are in now and post COVID, networks won’t be willing to take as bold gambles on new content and will want to take safe bets.
I imagine Foxtel could look at continuing the series on as it is a stable performer and has word wide distribution. I could see them sticking with something solid they know resonates with an audience if this season rates well, which I imagine it will.

I don’t think anything is as certain in the world now. Times are uncharted.

As always Ep 1 starts off with a bang and never disappoints. Liking the new additions to the cast already, especially Kate Box and Jane Hall.

Not too sure about the new opening credits though. I guess it’ll get used to them eventually.

1 Like

Agreed. Not a fan of the new titles or theme. It comes across weak.

Just caught up with the latest episode. It was a fantastic start. I think they have done a better job at introducing the new characters as well. I do wonder how Lou has managed to last 8 years out of prison though.

I agree with the others I am not sure about the opening credits. The opening credits were iconic to the show.

The cast have been told to stay below the radar in regards to filming while Victoria is in Stage 4 restrictions and State of Disaster.

The article also states that their filming location is in Clayton - which is their previous filming location. They moved to their current location in Newport (formally a University/TAFE building) after filming of S3 as the Clayton location was sold to developers.

Very ordinary episode tonight. A bit slow and disjointed. I still enjoyed it though.

No mention of Joan at all after last weeks ending. Not even a preview for next weeks episode was shown at the end.

Why was it necessary to publish this? If they are not doing anything wrong what’s the problem. Looks like they are just trying to stir up drama with the public.

1 Like

As in me or Mumbrella to publish it?