Watermarks

Yeah, “watermark”… this is getting closer to the offensiveness of the WIN ■■■■■■■■■.

4 Likes

Seen during Commonwealth Games snapshots - a preview of the logo during coverage perhaps?

16 Likes

10 Likes

I don’t understand why they think “sunday” should be more prominent than “project”.

6 Likes

Mystery watermarks appeared during the Mayweather-McGregor fight in some markets, with speculation they were designed to catch people who were streaming it illegally.

More:

9 Likes

Yes, this technology is used by Foxtel. They can identity which Set top box or subscription is being used to stream the fight and block their access.

It has been used quite a few times in the past year for major sporting events.

9 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

US watermark for hurricane Harvey relief (the Olympic rings started about a week ago).

11 Likes

Is this a national watermark or just for Houston/Texas NBC stations?

National

3 Likes

7Mate watermark appearing over the top of promos in Queensland

9 Likes

As mentioned in the Seven On-Air Presentation thread, a special “Telethon: Celebrating 50 Years” watermark is currently running in Perth:

8 Likes

Nice touch from BCM, although it’s a gigantic watermark.

Great to see for Perth :slight_smile:

@TV.Cynic As mentioned in the Seven AFL thread, some promos have actually been airing in-program/in the coverage (as in from the truck at Etihad Stadium), prior to some actual ad breaks.

Hence the watermark.

No idea why, very odd approach.

4 Likes

Maybe to screw around with their non-7 branded affiliate SCTV.
TCN9 sometimes include 9News Sydney promos on some news programming, which I’m sure back in the day caused Bruce Gordon great displeasure when WIN were a Nine affiliate.

1 Like

So they can claim it as part of the program, and therefore not count it in their non-program material calculations.

3 Likes

Please explain? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hometown week

5 Likes

Though one advantage about having WIN now is that I don’t think I’ve seen any of those promo bugs yet.

Probably because the oversized blue blob is SOO big that there isn’t any room left for one.

Just you wait.
WIN love using these promo bugs just as much as Ten, and they are usually are close to the size of the map logo (i.e. bigger than the Ten promo bugs)

4 Likes