Watermarks

The promo won’t appear on the transmission schedule, and therefore won’t appear on the non-program count hourly tally that is logged on the transmission schedule.
If ACMA tried to pursue a claim of too much non-program material in a given hour, or span of hours, the first thing the broadcaster will produce to ACMA is the schedule which won’t show that news promo tacked on the end of the news segment.

Technically, the broadcaster would be in breach of the Code of Practice section 5.1.1 c), because the promo is full screen during a program segment, , but it’s going to take a pretty switched-on complainant with PVR, stop-watch and Code of Practice in hand to make that one stick.

2 Likes

True. Although the pop-ups I’ve seen of late used via WIN actually have little to no form of animation appearing in-out on screen, whereas the ones on Ten do which makes them even more distracting IMO.

Either way, it’s all screen clutter that most viewers could do without whilst “trying” to watch their content.

Wow, thanks for that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice chair.
Looks very comfy.

9 Likes

The Bachelor Hometown Week watermark

2 Likes

I reckon it’s Nine’s new subliminal marketing - see the chair, you want to sit in that chair. You want to sit in that chair and watch Doctor Doctor, Wednesday at 8:40 on Nine.

Very subtle links there.

2 Likes

Lol!

Or maybe comfy chair… Doctor Doctor = psychiatrist’s office…

I think I need HELP!

I’m addicted to THE BLOCK!

And these promo WATERMARKS are driving me CRAZY!

5 Likes

To their credit, FOXTEL don’t do many of those promo watermarks, but there’s this one on FX channel right now.

6 Likes

WIN’s In-Program Watermark for ‘The Bachelor’:

7 Likes

Disgusting! Too big! WIN, you are pathetic. :nauseated_face:

Had to be said (again). That is all. :wink:

11 Likes

Saw this same Bachelor logo and WIN logo configuration the other day while Dr. Phil was airing.

With the Dr. Phil watermark on the left the entire bottom of the screen was filled with crap

6 Likes

Disgusting! Too big! WIN, you are pathetic. :nauseated_face:

They need this size back, pronto!

17 Likes

Ah… the good old days when I actually watched WIN!

9 Likes

Yep! For sure. And they should think about removing those coloured blocks slapped on to Eleven and One while they’re at it. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

The blobs that WIN are currently running not just on their main channel, but also One and Eleven make some of the watermarks on Pay TV (long infamous for having distracting watermarks, including coloured ones on some stations) look subtle in comparison!

And as for their In-Program Promotional “Watermark” efforts (or lack thereof), it’s even worse than what Nine & Ten are doing IMO.

3 Likes

The coloured logos on One and Eleven piss me off more than anything.
There’s already a perfectly good logo watermark underneath and they go ahead and slap a massive coloured block over the top.

Not only that, but they often appear on screen and then you can see the exact same logo going in underneath during the PRG animation - it’s totally bizarre!

It’s even funnier when a pop up appears for a channel Ten program, and you can see the bottom quarter of the Ten logo beneath the coloured block :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I know. On One it isn’t as noticeable as there’s very little animation in action behind the coverup:

Although I don’t agree with either additions, WIN should’ve left it like this if they felt they really needed to have an ego boost with their own branding alongside:

14 Likes

Here’s an absolute shocker from Nine:

While it’s only on-screen for maybe two or three minutes, my reaction upon seeing it was the same as this emoticon: :scream:

10 Likes

So much going on here…

10 Likes