Watermarks

I personally thought it was pretty common knowledge that there’s a separate feed done for sports (and other major events) specially for use on the big screens at stadiums compared to what people might see on TV at home.

5 Likes

it;s the first time i’ve seen it with the suncorp stadium branding. nomally when it’s super rugby it’s just the generic fox sports logo. perhaps because it’s an internatinal test they went the whole hog

My point was, specifically the MCG.

They use to control it.

Now the networks / clubs control it.

SyFy in the US rebranded this week and this is the new W/m

4 Likes

Always take Australia 3 months to catchup on the rebrand.

2 Likes

Nine not bothering to cover ABC watermark on 20/20, also no HD watermark.

(Sorry for potato quality)

6 Likes

Do not adjust your set - it’s just emergency recovery test time at Ten - WIN viewers getting the full TEN experience with Offspring w/m.

A bit later, someone at WIN thinks everything is back to normal.

Nope - went too soon

11 Likes

A bit later, TEN is back to normal, yet WIN still has the dirty feed.

The job of “Mappy controller” at WIN is a tough one.

13 Likes

I’m going to apply for that job if I ever see it on Seek. Would wreak havoc :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:unamused:

7 Likes

Not so subtle NRL watermark on some footage

4 Likes

Bah! It’s still no mappy.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Contrasting Seven watermarks for today’s AFL match between Carlton and Adelaide, which is a Fox Footy game and replayed in full on Seven in SA (the first screencap was taken during Seven News Melbourne from the TV in my home and the second screencap is from the video highlights at the AFL website).

3 Likes

What happened to “Sport | 7” watermark (when there’s a delayed telecast)?

Usually “Seven Sport | 7” is shown for non-games or old Footy Flashbacks games with no embedded watermark, etc?

Voice Grand Final “watermark”

5 Likes

Disgustingly annoying

(Luckily nobody watches Ch 9 on Saturdays)

2 Likes

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:1831, topic:252, full:true”]
Disgustingly annoying[/quote]

of course we’ve never seen annoying pop-up ads/watermarks for MasterChef during Channel 10 programs.

Last Saturday Channel 9 doubled Channel 10.

10 Likes

Personally, I think the In-Program Promotional “Watermarks” (if you can even call them that, because many of the recent ones have been solid, full coloured graphics) from both Nine and Ten are quite bad.

It’s truly sad that the networks seem to think they’re a good way of getting viewers to watch their programs, when it probably has the opposite effect if anything.

8 Likes

I agree. But the one thing I would say with Nine’s is at least they only stay on screen for a minute or two, compared to Ten/WIN who leave them up throughout an entire programme.

3 Likes